девять

2014; Washington D.C.

I was lying on a roof with my sniper rifle positioned in front of me. It was around noon the last time I checked my watch and I was getting impatient.
Usually I was sent on missions like this at night, not in broad daylight. The probability that other by-passers will notice the assassination has now increased by 99% and I didn't like this revelation at all.

Suddenly I noticed a small movement in the window of my target's office, but before I could pull the trigger it was already moving, probably towards the exit.

"Der'mo" I muttered. "Shit"

I looked around the area briefly, before I carelessly left the sniper on the ground and ran towards the edge. No one will come up here so I wasn't worried about someone finding my weapon. I shot a grappling hook on the roof and slowly dropped forward. I ran down the wall of the house as fast as possible until I reached the bottom, unhooked myself with quick movements and followed the target from the ground now.

I exited the alleyway looking around for my target and as luck would have it, my mission exited the building at the same time. The man looked around.When he finally spotted me, his eyes widened significantly. He ran to the left and I followed him closely. The people around us looked after us with astonished looks.

I mean their reactions are kinda justified. You don't see how a grown-up man is chased by an 18 year old girl on a daily basis. Above all, I was particularly eye-catching with my white suit, which wasn't exactly helpful in my current situation. The target suddenly turned into an alley. At his choice of a escape route I only snorted , because if the man knew his way around Washington even a little bit, he would know that this alley was definitely an dead end. Thanks for making my job so much easier.

Before he could even comprehend that there was no other way out of that alley than by going back the same way he came and passing me, I already drew my knife and attacked him without hesitation. However, I only landed one hit the shoulder, as the man quickly composed himself and dodged my knife that was meant to hit his artery.
He tried to land a punch on my stomach, but I dodged it with my forearm. I grabbed his outstretched arm, pulled him closer and hoisted myself up on his shoulders, pulled out my wire and tried to strangle him.

With all his might he tried to get me down, but I was holding on tightly. In the end he decided to bash me into the nearest wall. Groaning I skidded down. Before hitting the ground, I unexpectedly kicked my opponent in the stomach making him bend forward in pain.

I took advantage of this moment and hit him in the kidney, which made him double over in pain.
He rolled over on his side to get back into a fight position and at the same time dodged my punch which was supposed to hit his sternum. He striked a punch on my nose which made my eyes water, but that didn't stop me to bring some distance between us, waiting for his next move.

It was clear that he was going to fall for this trick. Based on the fighting technique he had used so far, I easily saw what his next step would be.

After seeing me back out, he wanted to kick me in the stomach, again, but he wasn't expecting me to catch his leg midair. I used the moment of surprise to pull him closer, keep a hold of his shoulders to hoist myself up by his hips onto his shoulders, to wrap my thighs around his neck and then let myself fall backwards flipping him over.
I rolled elegantly a bit away from the man.