Chapter 9: Drugs

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow!

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

I change into my sport clothes before making my way in the direction of the backyard. For over a month now, Silas and I have been training together. He's not entirely horrible, however occasionally he may be a little grumpy.

He just finds communicating like a normal person very difficult. 

Silas shoots me a glare when he notices me walking towards him, "You're late." I twirl my hair, ignoring his negative energy in this early morning.

"Well bear, I was deciding what to wear," I smile widely while he looks at me with a disgusted expression. What's his problem now.

"What...did you just call me," I opened my mouth but closed it again, grinning at him. "Bear." He frowns and pinches the place between his eyebrows. "Why? Just why?"

Why not?

I shrug, "That's for me to know and for you to find out." He shakes his head walking away from me.

What, can't I give my friends nicknames?

"Today I'll test your weapon abilities," I give Silas an unamused look and glance at the dangerous weapon in his hand. "Why?" I query and he heaves a sigh.

"Maeve, are you fucking stupid? Are you going to talk your way out when you're on a mission?" He frowns and I nod slightly, "First, stop insulting me. Second, I'm not a child, I know how a gun works.." I smirk while a sigh leaves his mouth, again.

"Alright, smart woman." He speaks sarcastically.

Oh.

"Are you sure you even know what a gun is?" He teases and I send a glare his way. "I know how to turn the safety off and shoot you through the head?" He chuckles and hands me the gun. Why the fuck am I even doing this.

"There's the target." He points at the circle on the tree in the distance. He steps away, "Try to hit." I roll my eyes and aim the gun towards the tree. I concentrate on the target.

Finally I fire the shot.

I lower the gun in my hands and look at the target. "I hit it," I mumble, a few seconds later I'm jumping in happiness.

My brothers did train me how to use a gun, I promised myself to never hold that dangerous thing in my hands ever again but here am I with a gun in my hands.