thirty-three.

enemies? with or without the benefits?

~~~~~

Elliot sat on her bathroom counter as her older brother stood in front of her cleaning up the cuts, bruises, and other wounds that she was slowly healing from. The two of them worked in silence, neither of them fully knowing what to say to the other.

The brunette hissed in pain as she pulled back from the gauze that had alcohol on it.

"Sorry."

"It's fine." She brushed it off.

He then went back to cleaning the rather prominent gash that was near her hairline. Elliot was pretty sure she had received it from when she was thrown into one of the black vans and hit the handle of one of the doors....but then again...she may have just got it from when her brother punched her straight in the face. It all kind of merged together like a big foggy cloud in her head halfway through the fight with him.

"Shouldn't you be healing faster?" Bucky then questioned as he went to put more rubbing alcohol on the gauze before moving to clean up the blood on her busted upper lip.

Elliot thought for a moment, her tongue on the inside of her cheek as she did so. She, herself, was at a loss of why she wasn't healing like she normally did. For instance, when Klaus had his hand around her heart, the wound had closed up right after it did so.

The brunette lightly shrugged, trying not to move too much. "I don't know. I probably exhausted my magic too much, which is what normally stitches all my injuries back together."

Bucky just nodded his head along as he cleaned up yet another wound. This one was on her cheek, more specifically her cheek bone. It trailed up from the point on her cheek bone below her iris all the up to where it lined up with the corner of her eye.

"You shouldn't have done what you did, Ellie."

Elliot looked up at her brother, slightly glaring at him. "Can you stop telling me what I shouldn't have done? Can't you just be thankful that I did?"

"You could've gotten yourself killed."

"But I didn't!!" She exclaimed, hopping off of the counter, frustrated, and ignoring the pain in her no doubt broken and bruised ribs.

"But you could've! What would have happened if I hadn't snapped out of it, Ellie? Huh? Did you ever stop to think about that?! Because of your actions to prevent anyone from helping, if I hadn't been able to do anything about what happened, you would have been dead!! Did you even think about what that would do to those around you?! Did you?"

"I did!!" Elliot shouted back at him. "I thought about the consequences more than you could ever imagine!! I knew the risks when I did and I found them worth it!!"