shower thoughts I

Your eyelids fluttered awake, staring straight at the cloudy morning sky. The sound of the distant traffic passing by outside of Oikawa's condo filled the space like white noise. You slowly lifted your head up from the soft pillow, removing your hand resting underneath your head from your cheek. Oikawa's bedroom was cold, wondering to yourself if he ever turned on the heater in his condo.

Feeling his body pressed up against your back, you looked down to see his left arm with the tattoo of the ocean waves and sakura flowers wrapped firmly around your waist, his hand tucked firmly under your body and over your stomach.

You turned your head and shifted your body under the sheets to look down at Oikawa's gentle face still resting on the pillow next to you. His naked torso exposed his tattoos under the overcast light beaming down, his body turned towards yours while his right hand rested underneath his white pillow. You reached over and caressed his face with your right hand, slowly tickling his cheeks with your fingertips.

"Tooru, are you awake?" You gently whispered, making sure your voice was loud enough for him to hear but soft enough just in case he was still sleeping.

"Mmm yeah, I am." Oikawa nonchalantly muffled, his voice deep and sleepy. He shifted his head a bit, burying his right cheek deeper into the pillow as he softly smiled, his eyes still closed. He held on tighter to your body, bringing you close to his warm chest.

You removed your hand away from his face, lifting the covers over your legs. Your bodies were still naked from last night, both of your clothes scattered all over the living room of his condo. As you swung your legs across the cool bed sheets to get up, the moment your toes touched the cold hardwood flooring, Oikawa felt your waist slipping from his grip, only for him to pull your body back closer to his.

"Come back and stay with me just for a little more."

His large and slender hands snaked underneath your waist, wrapping his strong arms around your body. He held on tightly, pressing his cheek up against the nape of your neck. You felt his warm breath brush up against your shoulder, his exhales slowly in sync with yours.

"I want to shower," you placed your hands on Oikawa's wrists, struggling to remove his grip on your body.

"Mind if I join you?" Oikawa fluttered his eyes open, softly smiling.

He traced along your arm with his index finger, the tip of his fingernail tickling your skin. You turned your head to look at his face, the same cocky grin he always gave you growing on his mouth. Strands of his bangs covered his hooded eyes, his white teeth poking through his smile. He ran his other hand through his hair, pushing back the messy bangs wisped across his forehead.

"I think I need a shower too," he stated, lifting his upper body with his left hand and his right arm still wrapped around your waist. "How about we save some water?"

You rolled your eyes, turning your head away as you pushed your left hand on his chest. Oikawa chuckled as you got up from the bed, placing both of your feet on the cold wooden floor again. You looked up at the window wall, the natural light from the cloudy sky brightening up his bedroom.

Last night felt like a feverish dream for you. All you could remember after Oikawa picked you up from the ground was him carrying you into his bed, tucking your body underneath the sheets.

Your memory ended up hazy after you fell fast asleep, not remembering how you ended up where you woke up. Recollecting your memory again was a challenge for you, wondering how one thing led to another last night.

You looked back at Oikawa, who still had the same playful smirk and one eyebrow cocked up. The ephemeral beauty of his body resting up against the headboard filled your stomach with butterflies as his right arm flexed, showing off the intricate dragon tattoo again. Although the sky was grey, his body glistened underneath it. The skin on his chest, the abs on his torso; everything about him was more than what you had ever wanted.