Little Ray of Sunshine

Hi!!

I wasn't sure if I should publish this one shot or not, but I love it so much just to keep it to myself.

Just as a reminder, English is not my first language, so there might be some grammar error.

I hope you enjoy it!

--

"You invited her?" Kate pointed at her the moment she walked out of the car. 

"Really nice to see you too, Kate Bishop" she smirked at the girl.

However, she was even surprised to be there. She had tried to say no, but for some stupid reason she had ended up accepting to celebrate Christmas Day with Barton's family.

She sighed as they walked to the door. They had been her sister's family, she should at least trust them, since Clint seemed to trust her after she had tried to kill him the night before. 

"Uncle Clint!" a little girl screamed while running through the hallway, blonde hair in two cute little pigtails. 

The child started bouncing in front of them, but she could only focus on the vest the kid was wearing. Her vest. The one she had given to her sister after taking down the Red Room, which at that moment looked too big for the little girl.

She observed quietly how the kid dared to caress Kate's dog, a huge smile on her tiny face as Clint kneeled down beside her.

"Lucky seems to like you" Kate commented when the dog licked the child's face, who could not avoid giggling. 

"This is your little namesake" Barton looked at her, which got her to frown, being a little confused about what she had just heard. "She's Kate" he pointed to the archer, who seemed to be as confused as she was, but managed to wave at the little girl. "And she's..."

"I know who she is. She's Auntie Lena!" the child exclaimed excitedly.

The use of that nickname was truly heart-wrenching. Natasha used to call her like that back when they were kids, so, at that moment she knew whose kid she had in front of her.

She held back her tears as everyone around her were looking at her, waiting for her reaction, but she did not know what to do. Slowly, she crouched in front of that kid, taking her time to observe her.

However, before she could say anything, the little girl threw herself into her arms as she stayed still, being surprised of that kid trusting her so easily but ending up wrapping her arms around the child.

"I asked Santa to bring you home and now you're here" her namesake pulled away, her little hands playing with her braided hair. "Come on, I have to show you the drawings" the little girl grabbed her hand and pulled, getting her to smile while letting the kid guide her.

-----

It had only taken one day to change her whole life. She had gone from trying to kill Clint Barton, to be in his living room with a sleeping four year old kid in her arms.

Natasha had found that little girl as a tiny baby only a year after the blip had happened. The baby's parents had been killed and after searching for other family members and failing, her sister had decided to adopt the little girl. 

For a few seconds she closed her eyes. It was too much to take in after learning the night before how her sister had sacrificed herself to bring everyone back. She had a niece. And at that moment she could not understand how Natasha had left that precious little girl behind.

"Does she understand what happened?" she asked, barely looking at Barton as she was afraid of waking up the kid.

"She knows Nat isn't coming back, but she still asks for her from time to time" Clint answered as she sighed with sadness. "The only thing that seems to calm her down is that vest. She stores everything in the pockets" he explained, which got her to smile.