3.7

The quartet walked through the halls to get to the next class.
'Do you think it's true? Do you think there really is a Chamber of Secrets?'
'Yes. Couldn't you tell? McGonagall's worried. All the teachers are.'
'But if there really is a Chamber of Secrets, and it really has been opened, then that means...'
'The Heir of Slytherin has returned to Hogwarts. The question is...who is it?'
Let's think. Who do we know who thinks all Muggle-borns are scum?'
'If you're talking about Malfoy-'
'Of course! You heard him. 'You'll be next, Mudbloods.''

Sirius nodded his agreement whilst some of the others looked unsure.

'I heard him. But Malfoy, the Heir of Slytherin?'
'Maybe Ron's right, Hermione. I mean, look at his family. The whole lot of them have been in Slytherin for centuries.'
Alyssa scoffed,
'Oh come on, the dickhead is the most arrogant self centred moron I've ever met- don't you think if he was the heir of Slytherin he'd be broadcasting it to the whole school, boasting about how he was going to wipe out all muggleborns.'

'That's actually a very good point.' Bella nodded and Alyssa agreed,
'What can I say, I'm actually quite intelligent.'
'Well I can see why you were in Gryffindor with your astounding amount of arrogance.' Barty rolled his eyes making Alyssa gasp in offence.
'Excuse you?'
'Gryffindors are not arrogant.' James interjected.
'Oh yeah cos you can talk.' Severus scoffed.
'Yeah actually I can, read my lips, they're saying "fuck you."'

'How pleasant.' Alyssa mused sarcastically as Cissa and Lily rolled their eyes in sync. Alyssa continued,
'I think you'll find that not only am I clever, I'm also level headed.'
'Except when it comes to Herbology where you can't even touch dirt without screaming.'
'LIES! I just don't like it when people chuck dirt at me- and with good reason too.' She replied hotly to Marlene who said unconvinced,
'Whatever you say.'

'Not to mention, if he was the Heir of Slytherin, wouldn't the Chamber of Secrets have been opened last year, if it can only be opened by Slytherin's Heir - and it was to be opened once they came to Hogwarts? That means that the Heir is most likely a first year.'
All four of them jumped at the sudden interruption however Alyssa quickly relaxed at realising it was Daphne.

'That's true.' Andy contemplated as most of them jumped at Daphne's sudden arrival.
'That's so smart.' Barty muttered.
'Why didn't you think of that Lyss, you know, with your "astounding intelligence".' Marlene teased making Alyssa mutter,
'Well I just wanted to give someone else a moment to shine.'
'Sure.'

'What? If you wanted to have a private conversation then maybe you shouldn't have chatted in the middle of the corridor.'

'She's right you know, you're really not very subtle.' Bella agree and Alyssa shrugged making Bella continue.
'Like ever- anyone could of been listening.'
'Yeah yeah, enough with the lectures, I get it mum.'

'Still rude to eavesdrop Daph.' Alyssa said playfully as the others looked slightly nervous.
'I'm not sure you guys have officially met yet. Guys, meet Daphne, Daph, meet brainiac, stupid, stupider.'

James Sirius and Regulus snorted loudly.

'Hey!' Harry said indignantly.
'Which one of us is stupider?' Ron frowned.
'I'll let you figure that one out.'
'Is it me?'
'Ron Ron Ron, if you can't figure it out then you have your answer.'
'What?'
'Did You understand what she just said.' Harry muttered to Ron who shrugged,
'Not a bloody clue mate.'

'I'm Hermione.' She cut off their chatter by directing this to Daphne. The trepidation clear on her face as if she was waiting by for Daphne to shout slurs at her, but she just smiled shyly.
'Nice to meet you brainiac.'
Hermione laughed and her stance instantly became less tense.
'You too.'