[12 - Pineapple or No Pineapple?]

Barry

I don't like to admit it, but I'm a lot more lame when I'm not the Flash. But I think everyone knows it.

Caitlin also said she'd like this walk to be serene and peaceful, anything but rushed.

That's hard considering my alter ego is the Flash and I can run really fast.

But it was doable. It was late and dark. And I was anything but tired. Energetic, in fact. Dr. Wells wasn't able to come, actually, let me rephrase that, we couldn't find Dr. Wells to even ask him. We tried, though. We called him but it went straight to voicemail. But after a bit, we just decided to leave without him.

Percy and Annabeth stated that they were visiting from New York. Percy was visiting Central City with his mom for her job when the accelerator exploded almost a year ago, truly horrendous timing. He said he was just swimming in the hotel pool and then it just happened.

But I was glad Caitlin suggested the walk, I really needed fresh air, especially after that really deep conversation we had. I don't even know how it happened, I just started and I couldn't stop. And now I feel bad for putting that on everyone's shoulders.

Cisco was the one leading the way. He said he was taking us to a park, but I don't think that relying on his navigation skills would be the best thing ever. So, I was glad when Caitlin walked up to him and made conversation, at least she knew where we were going.

I was trailing behind Annabeth and Percy. They whispered amongst themselves. But I noticed that ever since Percy had disappeared from the Cortex for that momentary thirty minutes, he changed. Not drastically, of course. He didn't grow a beard or gain abs, although I think he does have abs. I didn't want to be the one to ask. But the way he held himself was different, his eyes always darted around, looking for a particular something, or maybe someone.

I noticed just recently that always dug his fingernails at the palm of his hand, creating little crescent moons on his skin. He's been doing it often, by often, I mean he started doing it for the past hour. He also seems to have his hand fly to his pocket every so often, as if he's scared of losing something.

He just seemed more tense than usual, I suppose. It wasn't my place to ask what was wrong, we had met just two weeks ago. I'm not even sure what made me trust him in the first place. He appears out of thin air and he's a metahuman who isn't a criminal, thankfully. Maybe I was too rash? I just saw the first metahuman who didn't want to rob banks and decided he should be on our team.

But then again, he hasn't given me a reason to not like him. Percy's awesome! He kicks ass, has a cool girlfriend who also kicks ass, and he can manipulate water! What can this kid not do?

Although, he did radiate a type of strength to him, something that not everyone had. And that made me question a lot about his past. Like, who is he? Truly? He lies as easily as he breathes, which makes it hard to ask him personal questions. Asking Annabeth would result in the same failure.

Percy looked at Annabeth and started laughing at something she had said. I was too far behind to hear what they said but I can tell it was far past just hilarious, it seriously looked like Percy was about to go into cardiac arrest from how hard he was laughing. It was loud and it started to sound like a howl, no offense, but it was hearty. And cute. He interlocked his fingers with Annabeth's and they swung their arms.