1

She was always there. . .at the lowest point of life. She gave me kindness and love.
But no one was there to help her be happy while she was hurting inside.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A gunshot was heard and it echoed in the dark mansion. A woman began to cry and turn her head away from the body. "Shut up!" Sanzu shouts at her. She began to shake as he threw her to the ground. It released the gag from her mouth. "S-She's still alive!" She shouts. The Bonten group stood still and raised a brow. "Who's she?" Ran asks. "The daughter of the whole Yakuza. Everything that belongs to the Yakuza goes to her." The woman said. "You won't get a thing if she's alive. Killing us won't get you what you want." She said as she stared at Mikey. "Kill her." He orders. Without hesitating, Sanzu shot her in the head.

Mikey got up and looks at the now blood-tainted photos. None of them contained a young girl or any sign of a daughter. "The father must've remarried," Kakucho said as he held up a different photo of a woman. "Maybe the stepmother got jealous and threw out the girl," Rindo spoke. "Find her. Find anything that can lead to where she is." Mikey ordered.

*Ring*

"Hello! Welcome to The Little Bookshop!" A young woman greets her customers. The customers smile and greet her back. She unboxes her new books and starts to put them on the shelves. As she was putting up the books, she listen to the TV that she had.

"Tragedy struck at the Higa residence. Higa Yuki, known as the president of the Higa industry was pronounced dead this morning with 35 more residents."

The woman stopped and looks at the TV to see the picture of her father. "Papa?" She mutters.

"This could only be the works of the deadly Bonten organization."

"Miss, we're ready." The customer said. The woman nods and apologizes. Wiping a few tears she continued to do her job.

----

"Bonten. . ." She mumbles as she searches them on her laptop. She read how dangerous this group was. "Papa, what did you do to get into this mess?" She continued to search more until her phone rang.

"Hello." She answers. "I see you heard the news. Do you want me to come over?" A male voice can be heard on the other line. "No, I'll be fine. You don't have to worry about me." She replies. "(Y/n), this isn't something you can shake off. Everyone you knew in that house died today. I know how much you care about your father." The male argues. "I know I can't shake this off, but to be honest, I want to be alone. It hurts. . .it hurts to know that he's gone. Right before I could see him again." A sigh can be heard on the other line. "How about we meet up tomorrow? We can go anywhere you want to make you feel better. What about that ice cream shop you like?" He asks. "Hanma Shuji, I'm not a child anymore. Ice cream can't be your only solution to make me happy." Hanma chuckles for a moment. "How about that bakery you love so much? After that, we can spend time at the places that your parents took you. A walk through memory lane. Sound good?" He suggests. (Y/n) lips curled up into a small smile. "Yeah, that sounds good. Thank you, Shuji." (Y/n) hums. "Anything for you, Doll. Take care of yourself and get some shut-eye. I'll pick you up in the morning." "Will do. Bye." The two ended the call.

(Y/n) looks at her laptop and shuts it off. Changing into her pajamas she thought about the conversation that she last had with her father.

"Papa, why do you still with bad people? You have a big company that you don't even need the extra money. Why must you keep doing this?" (Y/n) asks. "You don't understand (Y/n). When you get into stuff like this. . .you can't seem to find your way out. No matter what you do in life, it follows you. I tried so hard to get away from it, but in the end I lost your mother." Guilt held on his face as he looks down at his hands. (Y/n) moved closer to her father and rested her head on his shoulder. She places her hand on top of his. "You understand why I pushed you away, right? I didn't want to lose you and make that mistake again. You're all that's left of your mother. My only happiness in life. I want to keep you safe. To let you live a normal life and not be shackled to my burdens." Her father said. "I understand that you tried your best to get away from that life. I forgive you for mom's death and I'm sure she does as well. She stayed by you no matter what you did. Good or bad. She loved you with all her heart. I love you papa. We both do. Remember that, okay?" (Y/n) responds. "You sound just like your mother. I'm glad." He smiles and hugs (Y/n). They sat there for a moment as they gazed at the sunset. "(Y/n), I must tell you something." Her father broke the silence. She hums. "If I were to ever pass away, everything that I own goes to you. With the money, I want you to start a new life and settle down. Find a husband and grow a family. Build a better Bookshop. Use the money however you want it. Just please be safe and remember that I always love you."

"I don't know what to do, papa. I know what you told me, but I can't use your money. It's not right. I'm sorry."