Two Mariposas

Before the actual chapter, I would like to thank @mari0123tilan again for the amazing fanart they made of young Angie (I'm feeling kinda guilty for changing bit her appearance when she gets older, But I had already written most of this chapter). Their bio has their social media and I really indicate their Instagram, because I'm totally in love with all of their artwork.

Gracias por tu arte!

__________

Angie took her time in front of her mirror trying to get her hair in place, it was short now, just barely hitting her shoulders, it was a huge difference from when it hit the middle of her back the year before, but after sometime living with her tia Angie realized that if she would tend her hair mostly by herself, it would be easier to keep it short.

Once she got her curls in place, Angie put on her shoes and took one last look to the mirror. Sometimes, it was hard to recognize herself on the mirror. Her clothes weren't the same, her hair wasn't the same, even her posture seemed straighter than before thanks to her tia's etiquette classes.

But this version of her was what made her family in that house happy, so it would be the version she would give them.

"Keep burning bright." Angie mumbled to herself as she plastered a bright smile in her face as she came off from the room.

She skipped around walking through the big house, one of the few habits she kept even through her aunt's disproving glares was sliding down the handrail every morning - An habit that made Agustín look at her with admiration, because he could never try to do it without ending up bruised.

"Morning familia." Angie said coming into the dinning room where a huge table was set for breakfast.

"Good morning dear. The ribbon bow in your dress is a bit out of place." The older woman said taking a sip of her coffee.

"I'm on it, tia." Angie moved the bow the half millimeter it took to get it into the place that made her aunt nod in approval.

The girl took her place sitting beside her cousin - They should seat in front of the other, but the older woman was quick to realize that if they had closer seats they would be quieter.  -And served from the coffee.

"Good morning, Angie." Agustín said once she took her place "You were right about that book, it was amazing." Agustín whispered to the girl trying to avoid annoying his mother.

"Oh my dear primo, when was I wrong about anything?" Angie said with a smirk and the duo was soon immersed in a discussion about their last readings.

"Everyone to the table." Alma Madrigal commanded her children and soon the four members of the family had taken their place around the table.

Bruno had always loved the meal times with his family, it was the bit of time they had only between them, no neighbors, no chores, just them enjoying their time as a family. It was a habit that the girls would start discussing something silly about what they needed to do for the day, and as soon as he had an opening Bruno would get in the way teasing one of them, most likely Pepa, which would result either in a cloud over his head, or the casita moving his late far away from his in punishment for messing with Julieta.

And only when the table was already enough of a mess, Alma would ask for silence and then explain their plans for the day. 

They were a bit of a mess, But Bruno loved his family.