Year 5 Part 5 (chapter 27)

Author's note:
Sorry for the late publication! I have been quite busy lately🥴 I hope you enjoy!
———————————————

Word count: 1.5k
Warning: Mentions of bullying

At breakfast, Severus tucks into his meal while thinking of Christmas which was almost a month ago. He really enjoyed that evening, he had never been happier than he was that day. He truly had the best Christmas.

While he's deep in thought, an owl brings him the newest edition of the Daily Prophet. As he looks at it, he widens his eyes when he reads it.

"Mass Breakout From Azkaban" one of the titles says.

In the picture is Bellatrix Lestrange... Great. Severus hoped he never had to see her again, and now the Dark Lord has helped her and other Death Eaters escape. She's most likely crazier than ever.

He can't believe Lucius has such a crazy sister-in-law... He almost feels bad for him.

As Severus continues reading the article, he huffs. The Ministry believes it was Sirius Black who helped them escape, and not the Dark Lord. They keep denying that he has returned.

When will they finally realise?
______________________________

A few months later, Severus paces around in his private chambers. Albus has left, which means the toad has taken over Hogwarts. She has already invented so many ridiculous rules...

The Headmaster refused to go to Azkaban when he was confronted by Cornelius Fudge and Umbridge as well as a few Aurors. Therefore, the man has escaped. Nobody knows where he is.

Apparently, a group of students who call themselves 'Dumbledore's Army' have been training their Defence Against the Dark Arts skills in secret as Umbridge forbids magic during the lessons.

Severus has a feeling that it wasn't Albus who formed the group, but Potter and his friends.

Draco helped catch them, probably to be on good terms with the toad. As well as to make Potter suffer.

Speaking of Potter, the Potions Master is dreading the Occlumency lesson tomorrow...
______________________________

It's the next day. Once Severus is done with the last lesson of the day, he waits for Potter to arrive. Today is yet another Occlumency lesson.

The Potions Master sighs in irritation. The boy better be able to resist the penetration of his mind today. He has a feeling that won't happen, however...

After a few minutes, Potter finally shows up. "You are late" Severus says in annoyance, not even looking at the boy.

Potter sighs. "Let's just get this over with" he mutters, clearly not wanting to be here. Well, the Potions Master feels the same way.

"Very well. Prepare yourself," Severus warns as he retrieves his wand.

He points it at Potter. "Legilimens!" he exclaims. Of course, the boy doesn't do his best to resist.

He sees a memory of the boy in front of the Mirror of Erised in his first year, looking at his parents in the mirror.

Severus rolls his eyes. "Feeling sentimental?" he taunts.

The boy tries to catch his breath once the Potions Master has left his mind. "That's private!" Potter exclaims.

Severus raises an eyebrow. "Not to me... Not to the Dark Lord if you don't improve" he points out.

He strolls over to Potter, looming over him. "Every memory he has access to is a weapon he can use against you. You won't last two seconds if he invades your mind" he tells him.