Prologue

I never meant to fall for her as hard as I did and I never meant to break her into as many pieces as I did.

The day we met, and the many days leading up to this one, are days I will never forget.
We met at school the way most high schoolers do. She wasn't a popular girl and she wasn't a nerd. She wasn't the goth girl or the tomboy or even the mysterious reserved girl; although I will admit she was mysterious at some moments. She was a mix of everything; smart but not a straight A student; quiet but spoke a decent amount; outgoing but never over the top.

Fall leading into winter was her favorite time of the year. She always said how she loved watching the leaves change from greens to browns and oranges. Then she loved watching those leaves become covered with powdery white snow. Her favorite thing was waking up after snow had just fallen. She said that was the moment when the world was most pure. It was the moment when Mother Nature created something that was untouched by humans even if only for a second and it was beautiful. She was beautiful. Her dark charcoal black hair and her forest green eyes. She didn't have an hourglass figure but she had muscles and she had rolls. She had flaws and imperfections but she was as perfect as anyone could have been.

We moved to Dankwoods the summer of 2018 for a fresh start, my dad and I. My mom left when I was young. She had another family and chose them over us. I don't hate her for it, in fact I would've done the same if I was her. We still talk and she tries to include me in her life and puts herself in mine but it's not the same as it used to be.

My dad wanted to move out of the house we had shared with my mom but never had the money too. Finally he did and all the memories in that house were too much for him to bare so we packed up and left. Dankwoods is a fairly large remote town. It doesn't have crazy skyscrapers like cities, in fact it's buildings are only up to four stories tall.

The day we first met started like any other day.