Alice Novea's Troublesome Conundrum

I was forcefully transferred into an academy by my father. "'Your reckless behaviour is the reason.'" He had said.

I watched as trees went by and finally reached my destination. My fiance's academy. It was majestic. Nothing much to see, though.

----

I started my first class. Actually, scratch that, it wasn't my first class, but my first trip. I didn't even get to see those who were in my homeroom. As soon as I got to the academy, I had to go to a different destination for a 'camp' of some sort.

I was late, since I couldn't go with the other students to the campsite. When I arrived, it was late morning. Students were buzzing, and looking at a specific tent with a siren crest embroidered on the fabric. When I walked in, drawing the attention of most of the students near me, and found that all of the professors were also staring at it worriedly, I raised my eyebrow.

A teacher saw me and started to panic. "Your highness, the second prince!"

I put on my usual diplomatic smile and gestured for the teacher to stand up. "It is wonderful to meet you, Teacher. No need for any of the formalities. You are my new superior, thus your respectful attitude is not needed."

"Th-thank you, Prince. I-in that case, is it possible to ask you for a favor?" I nodded in reply. So soon? How daring. Asking a prince for a favor. I said that just to be polite, I didn't think this old man would actually take me up. Stupid. "Y-you see, we are actually in a bit of trouble. Lady Novea is in her tent, and no matter how much we call, there is no reply. We are worried that something might have happened to her, however... we are not able to enter. We asked her close associates for help, but no one agreed. We were wondering..."

Ohhh... since I'm her fiance and have high status, you think that I could go in. "Of course, it is no trouble." They all bowed in response, and I moved closer to the tent. Students started whispering.

"Who is that handsome lord?"

"...The second prince?"

"...Lady Novea..."

I sighed, opened the flap tent, and stepped inside. Inside was freezing cold, despite the searing heat of mid-summer. It was like the room was frosted over.

I moved towards the cot positioned in the center and saw a young lady with silver hair sleeping peacefully with her arms crossed like a dead person and her hair in a mess. Despite the freezing temperatures in the room, the blanket was kicked off and her face still retained a healthy glow. I guess the rumors about her being sick were wrong. Even though there were shouts and worried whispers outside, the tent remained deathly quiet.

For the first time in my life, or maybe the second, I got annoyed. How can she just... I don't know what I got annoyed by, but I was annoyed.

"Lady Novea. Lady Novea. Lady Alice! Lady Alice!" I tried to call her awake, but to no avail. "LADY ALICE!" Finally, with an ear breaking holler, I could see her eyes snap open. But before I could react, she jumped out of her cot and grabbed me by the neck and hoisted me into the air with one hand. I felt suffocated. Scratch that, I was suffocated.

Her pupils, unlike when she was meeting with me for the first time, looked like they were bathed in blood. Dark and killing. Her hand was tight on my neck, and I could see that she could snap it at any time.

But the scariest was her voice. Like the demon king, risen from hell once again. "Shut the fuck up." Her voice was low and booming, filled with killing intent and annoyance, raspy from waking up. The room's temperature dropped lower. I shivered and grasped the hand on my neck, trying to breathe.