A crush

Y/n has decided to go back to the daycare to rest up, and Sun has definitely had enough excitement for one day.

"Shouldn't we take the slide back down?" Y/n says, running up the stairs.

"Ooh, fun! Let's do it!" He skips after her, giggling along with her. When she reaches the top she stops on a dime, from the security bot's flashlight being a foot in front of her. Sun, not paying attention, crashes into her, making her trip and fall right into his line of sight.

His alarms immediately go off, making y/n look up with a 'deer in the headlights' kind of look, until loud footsteps make her startle back to her senses.

"I'm so sorry, I never watch where I'm going!" Sun apologizes, but y/n has more important things on her mind, like not dying.

She stands and grabs Suns hand, running towards the slide as fast as possible.

"I heard that." Roxy calls from the large entrance door to their right.

"Geez how close was she?!" Y/n yelps, her voice high from adrenaline.

"Those guys are very fast, and have their own little alarm built in so the security bots can alert them electronically! I get them too!" Sun says.

"Good to know." She says back. The little window of escape closes between y/n and Roxy, making her slow down.

"We're not gonna make it!" She says.

"Oh yes we will!" Sun says, scooping y/n up in his arms and running at an amazing speed past Roxy, and into the slide.

They hit the ball pit with a colorful explosion, leaving her panting from the adrenaline.

She wades over to the edge, where Sun lifts her out by her waist.

"Thanks Sun. I didn't know you could run like that! And to go against the security protocols. Look at you being a rebel." She elbows him in the arm as he sits next to her.

"Of course! No one will hurt my sunshine." He says, making her blush.

Wait.

Blush?

There is absolutely no way i have a crush on this little animatronic! He's... well... he's a robot!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

After a while, y/n yawns as she sits in one of the kiddy chairs. Sun perks up when he hears her, so he jingles over to her.

"Yawning already, friend?" He stands over her a little too close for comfort.

"Yeah, it's been a stress filled day." She admits. She checks her watch, and sees it's already 7pm.

"It's 7... I guess I should go to bed soon. Or at least nap. I want to explore as much as possible." Y/n says, standing.

"O-oh, sure. B-but does that mean we have to turn off the lights?" He says, nervously tapping his fingers together.

"We don't have to. I'm gonna go lay down." She walks over to a padded area in the play structure, rather than out in the open. She feels safer in the gymnasium, less exposed to someone or something seeing her.

She curls up in a ball, setting an alarm for 1am, when she plans to wake up. She'd like to see Moon, perhaps have him explore with her once more. So she plans on only sleeping 6 hours.

Y/n cracks her eyes open to see Sun gathering papers she has been writing on, stacking them neatly and pushing her chair back in. She likes to write when she's stressed, it's a destresser for her. Writing about what happened is her go to, since she doesn't have any of her short stories available to her now.

He puts his hands on his hips, tapping his foot. He seems nervous, like he wants to do something but he's not sure if he should.

She squints, watching his movements. He sighs, before sitting in a chair himself, doodling on a piece of paper.

"Hey... sun?" She pops out from behind him, looking over his shoulder.

"Yes! What is it, friend?!" He seems anxious.

"Um... I can't sleep... could you tell me a story?"

"A story- of course! What kind of story would you like to hear?!" He picks her up in his excitement, carrying her to the middle of the floor. She frowns, but realizes she's with Sun so it doesn't really matter.

"Tell me what this place looks like when it's open." She says, leaning back against his chest. He begins spouting off about all the kids, some he sees regular and he tends to favor, and some that are more troublesome.

She falls asleep on him, with a sense of security that is rare in a place like this.

Y/n wakes up at 1, to the lights shut off. Before opening her eyes she tries to get her wits about her, and remembers she fell asleep on sun. The soft thing beside her has to be moon.

"Why're you awake, starlight?" Moon whispers more like a threat than a question. She opens her eyes, looking up at him. His red eyes and the stars on his clothes glow gently, making him just visible.

"I... wanted to wake up at this time... so I could go explore the megaplex." She says, looking up into his face.

"I don't think that's a good idea. It's too dangerous for you to go off on your own." Y/n notes the way he still holds just as tight to her as sun.

"Well that's why you can come with me!" She says, trying to move out of his grasp, but he doesn't let go.

"Fine." He says, releasing his grip on her.

"Come on! We can't have you turning back." She holds his hand as she leads him to the door.

"Why don't you want to take Sun?" He inquiries.

"Well... sun isn't great at protecting me from animatronics. Unlike you, my hero." She jokes.

"I see." He takes her joke seriously.

"Where are we going?" moon asks.

"You'll see." And with that, y/n drags Moon from the daycare.