Hospitality

NARRATION

Easton sat at the table, pouring himself a glass of whiskey as the doorbell rang. He downed the alcohol in one before glancing at the time. It was almost midnight, all the deliveries were finished for today.

"Who is it, Franco?"

His soldier walked into the kitchen, an uneasy look on his face with a hint of confusion. Spear lowered his glass to the table, allowing him to pay attention.

"It's Miss Polibio"

Easton froze, waiting for his soldier to tell him it was a joke. But the frown on his face didn't disappear leading Easton to get up out of his chair.

He instructed for her to be let in before quickly adjusting his brown hair and staring at himself in a mirror. The black work trousers and black shirt would have to work. It's not like he was given any warning.

"Through here"

He looked towards the door to see her walk in. Her brown hair pulled up in a ponytail and her hands hiding underneath the sleeves of whichever hoodie she was wearing. She looked beautiful, she always had to him. It wasn't the dress or the makeup, it had always been her.

"Are you okay?"

Trixie didn't expect his voice to be so warm, so inviting. She was surprised she'd even been allowed into his house at this hour.

"Yeah, is it okay if I crash here?" she was slightly embarrassed as she looked down at the ground "it's just that all the hotels are far from here and you're partners with us anyway so it would-"

"Of course, Trixie"

The way he said her name made her want to run to him. There was something about Easton Spear. He was one of the most well known, most feared leaders out of all the mafias. He'd always made sure his mafia performed well and never made up excuses.

Her eyes wandered to the scar above his right eyebrow. A perfectly pink line running across the top of his brow. Maybe he'd got it in some kind of heroic act. She tore her eyes away from him when she noticed an amused look on his face, he'd noticed her staring.

Then again, she'd never really seen him smile. Sure he'd teased her, pulled the towel away from her body, moved his fingers across her skin. But this smile was different. It was pleasant, something that made her relax. She noticed he had little smile lines at either sides of his eyes, accompanied by a single dimple on his left cheek.

"Thank you, I'll be gone by morning"

She turned to walk out the room but then realised she had no idea where she was going. She turned to face him again, seeing the smile was still playing on his lips.

"Have you eaten yet? I was about to eat if you'll join me" he said, pointing towards a bunch of ingredients that were on the counter. She glanced back at him and nodded her head, lying to get herself out of a situation. Something she was proving to be good at. But she didn't come over for dinner.

"I ate earlier, thank you for the offer though"

Before he could say anything else, she walked out the room and for some reason Easton had felt very cold after that. He heard her speaking to one of the soldiers, asking where the guest room was. He smiled to himself, she never lacked confidence. That's what he so very much loved about her.

Trixie walked upstairs, quietly so she didn't wake anyone else. Using her finger she counted the doors of the mansion she was in until she got to the room she was given. She pushed the door open slowly, seeing a room painted in white with black curtains and black sheets.

His whole vibe is black, she thought to herself. Black with the smallest hint of red. Similar to her Dad's. Wasting no time, she got into the sheets. She didn't have clothes to change into but she just wanted to sleep after the argument she'd had with Hendrix.

They'd never argued like that before. They barely argued anyway. And now she didn't even feel safe in her own home. If anything, Easton's guest bedroom was giving her more comfort than her own bedroom ever did.

There was a faint scent of lavender which roamed his house. Who knew Easton Spear was a man who kept up appearances? She wondered if anything would've been different if she'd given Easton advance warning of her coming over.

A/N- my stories will now be in narration format, ily <33