➪SIX

Hudson had driven me home yesterday, Nicco taking a separate car to which he was ready to depart

Hudson had driven me home yesterday, Nicco taking a separate car to which he was ready to depart. Once I made it home I showered again and got ready for bed, only opening my eyes this morning as my phone rang. It was a number I hadn't seen before. "Hello?" I answer it.

"I hope it's not too early darling." I can hear Nicco's voice on the other end and it wakes me up a bit. I pull the phone away for a brief second, only to look at the time. The time reads that it's eight am.

I clear my throat. "A bit, but it's fine. Is everything alright?" I ask and he hums to assure me.

"Yes everything is fine, just wanted to talk with you. I have a meeting in a hour and I'm a bit tense if I'm being completely honest" he is truthful with me. It almost makes me want to be with him to help in any way to relieve him, but he's an hour away. But I'm sure he's used to such things.

"Why are you tense?" I ask and I can hear the small frustration in his voice.

"Well for one my assistant for the Bremerton location was supposed to meet with a investor, helps with putting money towards the restaurant, in which I don't need, the publicity is what I want, but he flaked last minute. He's fired but still, I needed someone to be here".

I don't know much about restaurants besides the fact that people go there to enjoy meals. And I know nothing about running a restaurant. "So what are you going to do?" Is the only question I can ask. Again, I know nothing.

He clears his throat and I hear a bit of shuffling. "I have no choice but to hire someone else, but I'm afraid that I'll have to stay here for longer. Maybe another day or two, just to make sure everything will be settled" he says and for some odd reason I feel a bit disappointed.

Oh right. He said that we would meet after my shift to discuss the terms of the contract he wants me to sign. And I've never been more prepared to do such a thing in my life. I mean I feel as if I have nothing to lose.

Maybe my self respect and dignity but who the hell cares about something like that when there's someone as hot as Nicco to take you up for a offer?

I just have to figure out exactly what it is that he wants from me.

"And again love I deeply apologize for having to leave you like that yesterday" he tells me but I am quick to brush it off.

"Don't worry. I have promise it's fine. I wouldn't want to stop you from working" I say and he hums.

"I really hope you feel that way darling. Work sort of messes up my schedule".

Again. I don't mind.

"So today we were supposed to discuss the contract" he says as I nod, soon speaking up as I remembered that he couldn't hear me.

"Yes. We were" I say.

"If you're eager I could have my assistant drop the contract off to you so you can go over it before we meet" I stop him mid sentence, interrupting him softly.