T W E N T Y - T W O

L I L Y

We all began to make our way towards the dinning room after Grey announced its time for dinner. We had spend the last forty five minutes in the living room chatting with one another and playing another game of twenty questions before Grey left to prepare the food. They asked me random questions- like what's my favourite animal, my favourite song and my favourite book, they never asked questions about my parents or my home life which I'm thankful for.

I feel like since I've got here all I've done is gape around in shock but I can't help it- that was my exact reaction as I enter the gorgeous dinning room, the large oak table that could seat fifteen people is in the centre of the room, the white walls are covered in beautiful art work and large crystal mirrors. They must really love flowers as the shelves on the main wall are filled with vases that contain beautiful white roses and pink lilies, the room is so elegant.

We all took our seats at the table apart from Zac, who went to the kitchen to help Grey bring in the food. I take a seat in between Leo and the twins, Ace, Alex, Carter and Callan are sitting across from us while there is a seat and the head of the table for Zac and a seat free next to Leo for Grey.

As the two eldest boys bring the trays of food and set it in the centre of the table before taking their seats- I can't stop  my mouth from watering at the delicious aroma.

"I hope you like pasta piccolo"

I've never tried it but I'm sure I'll love it- not that I'd say that out loud, instead I give Grey a small smile and a nod.

"Thank you, It smells incredible"

"It's our grandmothers recipe, spaghetti carbonara and garlic focaccia. Help yourself amore"

Leo filled my plate and his own with what I can only describe as a mountain of pasta and a slice of the bread. I twirl the pasta around on my fork before popping it in my mouth- I almost let out a sigh at how amazing it tastes. The burst of flavours are unlike anything I've ever had before- not that I've tried much.

"Wow, your grandmother is a genius"

Zac turns to me a smile etched on his lips "Thank you bambina, you can tell her that yourself if you'd like? She usually flies over from Italy to visit us for the holidays. You're more than welcome to come over and try her cooking, trust me she'd love for you to be here" she would?

"Only if you're positive that she wouldn't mind?" all the boys nod in answer to my question "okay, I'll definetly be here- I can't wait to try you're grandmothers cooking, I've heard they made the best food" it's true- that is what I've heard, Emilio and Bella always go on about their grandmothers cooking and how Italian grannys make the most authentic dishes that fill you with so much warmth.

"Thats true, I've never had any food thats been as good as nonna's"

I turn to Leo and tilt my head to the side in a questioning manner- whilst placing my index finger on my chin "Is that Italian for granny?" he chuckles at my theatrics.
"Yeah Lil, our family is from Italy so we call our grandparents Nonna and Nonno"

"Thats so cool, so can you all speak Italian?"

"Si bambina, potresti anche tu"

I have no clue what Callan just said to me but it sounded so cool, I wish I could speak another language one day- I'd love to speak Italian, French or Spanish.