Prolouge and About Mateo Madrigal

'Abuela and the family are counting on me' Mateo thought to himself as he stood at the beginning of his way to his door.

He started walking through the line of people, walking up the steps and meeting his Abuela at the top.

"Will you promise to use your gift to honor our miracle?" Abuela asks. He nods. "Will you serve this community and strengthen our home?" Another nod.

Mateo touches the candle, feeling the magic flow through him. Abuela pulls the candle back as he walks forward toward his door. He takes a deep breath, saying quietly to himself  'for papa' and as he touches the door, it lights up with magic.

Mateo gleams with joy as his door comes into perspective. A picture of him older with short hair, a flat chest and eyes closed, lifting his hands up as objects floated around him.

Abuela stared at the door in disbelief before looking back to Mateo himself who was lighting up with happiness, only to be taken aback with fear.

Mateo's eyes were glowing green, just like his fathers. Any object around him that wasn't bolted down was floating, green mist curling around them. The crowd backs away from Mateo and the objects.

He turns back to them and most of them scream with fear. His smile drops almost instantly and the objects fall, his eyes going back to their normal brown color. He looks to his family to see Abuela watching him with disappointment.

He seeks out Mirabel in the crowd who's watching him with sad eyes, knowing the feeling.

Mateo's eyes fills up with tears as he backs away. Camilo and Dolores push their way through their family and run to go comfort him, but he pushes them away with some invisible force.

With tears in his eyes he opens his door, going into his new, gigantic room and shuts the door quickly, ignoring his cousins calls for him to let them in.

He collapses to the ground, crying. The objects all over his room start floating, going as high as the ceiling allows as his family just has to listen to the pain he's in with nothing to help.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So, I've watched Encanto and have recently grown obsessed with it. And being a trans male myself, I made my Oc a trans male who just so happens to be Bruno's son.

Now, for a bit on Mateo Madrigal.

As I've mentioned before he is Bruno's son. Bruno left him when he was 4 to protect him and Mirabel. But has been secretly watching him grow up through the walls and really misses.

If you haven't figured out yet, his powers are Telekinesis and is considered a bad omen like Bruno's by Abuela and the town. (Changed from dangerous)

He is a year younger then Mirabel and Camilo with  being 14.

His deadname is used by Abuela because I picture her as definitely transphobic.

If you can draw, I'd love to see what you can come up with for him.

Also, I am not in any way Hispanic so if I offend anyone, feel free to correct me in the comments and I apologize.