24 | half a heart

[ content warning for a somewhat spicy scene at the end. it's not full-on smut or anything, and it's indicated with a bold header so that you can skip it if you want. it's not important to the plot, so don't read it if you don't feel comfortable.

compared to some of the spicy scenes i wrote for my druig from eternals book, it's very tame. i just felt something super detailed and smutty didn't fit the vibes of this book (that's what my vampire academy book is for) and willow's character. i won't warn for spice every time though ]

☽︎

could you stop defiling dear willow for five minutes?

[ 3.05 — 3.06 ]

The rain pounded against the roof of Willow's car. She had been parked in front of her empty house, unable to pull herself out. At least the rain drowned out the sound of the uncontrollable sobs that were wracking her body.

Willow was curled up in the driver's seat, her face hidden in her knees as she cried more than she ever had in her life. She could barely breathe as she broke down, unable to stop thinking about it. About the call from Stiles the day before. About him.

And having to go to school all by herself only made it worse.

Willow had never been more alone than in that moment in her car, and the only person that she truly wanted wasn't there. And he wouldn't be coming.

Because Derek was dead, and Willow didn't even get to say goodbye.

☽︎

"But I—"

"No."

"It's the first meet of the season—"

"No."

"I'm the captain—"

"No."

"Derek," Willow whined, a pout on her face. "I worked all summer on getting faster."

The couple was in Derek's loft and bickering about the upcoming cross-country meet. Derek was demanding that she not go, and Scott and Isaac were backing him up as well.

In Derek's defense, his reasoning was sound. They didn't want her heart rate to get too high, which could lead to her shifting in the middle of the meet. But Willow was determined to go. After all, she hadn't shifted or even shown the slightest sign of being a werewolf.

Well, that wasn't completely true. After six days, the bite on her arm was completely healed, disappearing without even a scar. So whatever was happening to her — whatever she was — included healing at a rate much slower than werewolves but much quicker than humans.