xli. five years

CHAPTER XLI
five years

CHAPTER XLIfive years

TITAN — 2023

ALL THE SOUL STONE FELT LIKE WAS NOTHINGNESS. It was a place where those who vanished were sucked into, each and every one of them being sent into some sort of deep sleep, which felt as long as five hours.

Even though it felt like five hours to those who were dusted away, it had actually been five years since Thanos had snapped his fingers together.

Tony had lost all hope. He thought that he had to live the rest of his life without his loved ones. He thought that there was absolutely nothing that could bring everybody back.

But, there was.

Scott Lang, who had been sucked into the Quantum Realm after his teammates had gotten snapped, finally came back from the Quantum Realm.

He figured that the Soul Stone was almost similar to the Quantum Realm. Years felt like hours.

So, he came up with the idea of time travel in order to retrieve all of the stones and reverse the snap.

All of the remaining Avengers had quickly ended up agreeing to Scott's plan, but it took some time for Tony to process it all. He finally gave in, though.

The time travel was successful, all of the stones had been retrieved and the snap had been reversed. But, there was one slight problem, though. A Thanos from the past was able to travel to present day.

And now, Noah could feel his body once again. He looked down, only to see his entire body transforming from ashes back to normal, causing him to blink rapidly in disbelief.

His lips separating in shock, he began to touch himself, only to make sure if this was all a dream or not. But, it certainly wasn't a dream.

He slowly raised his head, looking up, only to see that he had reappeared on Titan as well as the others. Well, Tony and the blue woman, Nebula, weren't there. But, everybody else certainly was.

"Holy shit." He shuddered underneath his breath.

Fiona and Stephen were standing within the near distance. They seemed to have reappeared before everybody else, already beginning to form an enormous portal.

Mantis, Drax and Quill had also just reappeared from being snapped. They all glanced around with confusion, their gaze finally landing upon Stephen and Fiona.

Last but not least, there was Peter. He was completely stunned, his chocolate brown eyes laid upon Peter, his brown locks still an unruly mess.

Noah felt the need to hug Peter. But, he quickly figured that right now wasn't the time to do so. He glanced over at Stephen instead, awaiting for some answers.

"Uh, what happened to us?" He asked.

"It's been five years." Stephen explained. "They need us."

Five years? It couldn't have been. It felt like five hours. Not five years. Maybe five years really did just pass by, not affecting the ones who were turned into dust?

Almost everybody there seemed frightened by such a response. They all just shot an unsure glare at Stephen, who didn't seem phased by his knowledge whatsoever.

"I'm sorry, sir." Peter nervously laughed. "But, did you just say five years?"

"You can call me Doctor Strange." Stephen told. "And yes, it has been five years."

After having some official confirmation, everybody present was completely stunned, apart from Stephen, obviously enough.

Noah was panicking, just as all of the others were. He thought that he had abandoned Hugo and all of his other friends. He thought that the world had probably changed so much. He thought that his life was now ruined. The list went on and on.

"Where are they then?" He nervously gulped.

"Here."

And with those words, Stephen and Fiona both finished forming the portal before them, the Avengers Compound standing throughout the other side.

Once Stephen had decided to walk on in, each person decided to follow along, only to see a destroyed Avengers Compound, some remaining Avengers and Thanos from the past, along with some of his troops.

Stephen flew on in with the help of his red cape, Fiona walking alongside him. They both preformed those familiar yet exaggerated hand movements, orange symbols sparking from their fingertips.

Then, Mantis and Drax stumbled on in. They were stood right beside the two intimidating wizards, both of them beginning to pose in defensive stances.

Swiftly, Quill flew in, his mask now equipped. He held his blasters within his hands, flying himself off the ground with his tech, stopping right beside the four.

After that, Peter swung on in. He landed right in front of the portal, gracefully landing on a piece of rubble. He stared at the scene before him, his face etched with amazement but fear.

Last but not least, Noah strutted throughout the sparking portal. He halted right beside Peter. He was still panicking, but he definitely had to fight Thanos and his troops, didn't he?

He slowly tilted his head to the side, his fingers twitching as electricity began to spark from his fingertips.

He was also quite worried that he would end up passing out like he had done whilst fighting Thanos back there. But, it looked like he had a whole ass universe to save once again.

His face etched with fear, he glanced around the entire scene. He could see even more portals surrounding him and his teammates, superheroes from all over emerging from them, some of them being the superheroes he had met from the airport in Germany.

"Yibambe!"

Close by stood T'Challa and some Wakandan warriors, who were chanting that exact quote over and over again before they fought against the mad Titan himself.

Even more sorcerers, who were just like Fiona and Stephen, emerged from a few more portals nearby. They were all in the same exact stances as Fiona and Stephen were, Wong being one of the wizards who were stood there.

"Is that everyone?" Stephen asked Wong.

"What? You wanted more?"

"Of course we wanted more!" Fiona exclaimed.

Then, all of a sudden, Scott, who was obviously taller than usual, destroyed a structure as he stood up, revealing himself to all of the superheroes.

He was holding Bruce, Rhodey and Rocket within his hands, leaning down to place each of the three back onto the ground.

"Avengers,"

Those words that came from Steve Rogers, who seemed to be stood right in front of all of the superheroes, sent immediate shivers down Noah's spine.

Noah had no idea what could even happen next. Things could go wrong. Or they could go right. There was not really any in between.

"Assemble."