the last chapter

after the hug, diluc filled you in about everything that had happened so far.

"and that is why you can stay in mondstadt." he finished and looked at you while the two of you sat down on the dinner table.

diluc proposed the idea of letting you stay in mondstadt, since he knew you didnt have a home anymore. but first he would tell jean that the mission was a succes and that you werent considered a threat.

"you really thought it all out already." you commented as your eyes were slightly widened, impressed by his mind and ideas.

his gaze softened as he heard your comment and spoke up, "dont think too much of it." he said while avoiding your gaze, not wanting to make eye contact with you.

aether and paimon were peacefully making dinner in the kitchen and paimon suddenly spoke up, "n/n! you gotta make a choice soon!" she said while focusing on the pan in front of her.

you turned your gaze her way and tilted your head to the side in a questioning way. "that is true." diluc spoke up from besides you.

"how so?" you asked him as you turned your head back at him, looking into his crimson eyes, waiting for him to explain. "we no longer have a reason to stay in liyue." he started off.

"which is why we will be going back to mondstadt tomorrow." the red haired male said. it made sense to you, aether would finish his small tasks today and the main reason you all came here was to confirm your identity.

now all that would be over tomorrow, there would be no reason to stay any longer.

you nodded your head at his words, "i see." you spoke up as you thought to yourself. "then we should enjoy liyue the most today, since were leaving tomorrow." you suggested with a small smile on your face.

diluc copied your actions and nodded his head as well, "i agree." he said truthfully.

"me too!!!" you heard a high pitched voice from the kitchen, you wanted to tell her that she was more than welcome to join but someone else beat you to it.

aether calmly spoke up, "let them go alone." he said in a whisper to paimon, "we can always come back here." he continued his reasoning as he made eye contact with his floating companion and gave her a warm smile.

diluc ignored paimon request and aethers words by coughing and grabbed your attention, he spoke up, "i want to go somewhere while were still here." he said as he averted his eyes to the side once more.

"would you care to tag along?" he asked you as he tilted his head back to look at you, waiting for your answer.

you knew exactly what to say, without hesitation you spoke up, "i would love too." you said in your usual voice while giving him a smile.

he smiled as well, but only for a split second, barely noticeable. diluc stood up from his chair and opened his mouth once again, "lets go." he said and turned around to walk to the front door.

"wait, now?" you questioned as you saw him walk away, a lot had happened to you in the past moments so far therefore you were surprised that he didnt wait to go after dinner.

he heard your question and looked over his shoulder as his body was facing the door, "yes, the sun will be setting soon." he said as he gave his only reasoning.

he turned his head back to the door and extended his hand to the handle to push it down, opening the door in the process.

suddenly you felt two tiny hands on your back, in an attempt of pushing you, "go!" you heard paimon say from behind you as she continued to push you out of place, but her efforts were futile. she wasnt that strong unfortunately.