27

"W-what!? Tohru fell off a cliff!? Where is she right now!?"

"She's at the 'Sohma General Hospital'. She's in critical condition right now, but the doctors said she'll be okay."

"Stay where you are! I'll be right there!" You quickly hung up and hopped onto a bus.

When you arrived, you went up to the front desk. "I'm looking for Tohru Honda. Do you know which room she's occupying?"

Suddenly, you felt a hand grab yours. You turned to see Yuki.

"She's with me," he said to the lady at the front desk. 

He pulled you along and led you to room 9021. "This is where Tohru is."

You slid open the door and saw Tohru sleeping peacefully in a bed. She was connected to an iv and heart monitor.

You also noticed bandages around her arm and head. You were about to step inside, but you stopped yourself.

You then closed the door.

"Aren't you going in?" asked Yuki.

"I just wanted to make sure she's okay. She needs rest. I'll visit her when she's awake."

You and Yuki both headed out and sat in the waiting area. It was dark with only the vending machine to provide light.

"So what happened while I was out?"

"I don't know the details, but while I was looking for Kyo, Akito came by."

You flinched when you heard Akito's name. "How did Tohru fall? Was she pushed?"

"No. Apparently, Tohru was standing near a cliff and the ground crumbled beneath her."

"What about Kyo? Does he know all this?"

"Yeah, he knows."

"I see." You got up from your seat. "It's really late. We should get going."

***

It's been about a week since the incident.

You were at school and the news about Tohru being at the hospital already spread.

You looked over at Kyo's empty desk. You haven't seen him ever since that day.

After school was over, you, Hanajima, and Uotani went to the hospital to visit Tohru.

"I can't believe Kyon ran away from home. He hasn't shown his face here either. What's up with him?" asked Uotani as the three of you walked down the hall to Tohru's room.

"Good question, especially since Tohru-kun refuses to talk about him," said Hanajima.

"I don't know exactly what happened between those two, but there better be a good reason why he didn't come to visit," you said.

All of you stopped in your tracks once you saw who stepped out of Tohru's room. It was Akito.

The other day, Tohru gave you a short summary of what happened between her and Akito, but you wanted to hear directly from him on what happened.

The four of you went to a quiet area to talk.

"I don't know what she told you, but it's my fault she got hurt," said Akito.

"Tohru-kun doesn't think it's anyone's fault," said Hanajima.

"Also, I heard about you and Kureno," he said to Uotani. "Kureno is a patient here right now too because... I stabbed him." Akito looked down, feeling ashamed of what he did. "I tied him down and trampled on him. But he won't blame me, so what do I–"