xlii. the gauntlet

CHAPTER XLII
the gauntlet

CHAPTER XLIIthe gauntlet

NEW YORK, USA — 2023

"CATCH!"

Whilst fighting, Noah heard a sudden yet familiar voice from behind. He paused, continuing to shoot electricity at the enemies before him without even looking

He whipped his head around, only to see Clint standing there. He could see that Clint was tossing what looked like to be an upgraded version of the gauntlet towards him.

He watched the gauntlet fall and fall, until he finally reached out and tightly grasped onto it. He looked over at Clint, with a slight smile.

"Gotcha." He whispered.

"Take care of that, will you?"

And with those words, Clint rushed off within a hurry, beginning to attack some of his enemies along the way.

Noah held the gauntlet underneath his arm, battling against the aliens and monsters, either electrocuting them to death or manipulating their energies to toss them miles away.

He was surprisingly doing well. He hadn't felt nauseous, dizzy or sick yet. He felt completely fine.

Then, all of a sudden, a crash was heard behind, some dirt blowing into Noah's eyes, making him wince.

Just in time, he got rid of all the monsters he was fighting. He slowly turned around, his sea green eyes widening at the sight of a familiar alien.

This familiar being was Ebony Maw, the alien who kidnapped Stephen to get the Time Stone.

Noah was intimidated. But, he also wasn't. He firmly gripped onto the gauntlet, sure not to let go. He slowly titled his head to the side, his sea green eyes narrowing.

Ebony Maw stood multiple metres away from the teenager. He wore a somewhat furious expression on his face, prepared to use his powers any moment now.

"I suggest you give me the stones, boy."

"I'm not giving you the stones." Noah hesitated.

Slowly but surely, Ebony Maw raised his two hands into the air, attempting to threaten Noah. He frowned, his teeth gritting together as he spoke.

"Who do you think you are?" He muttered.

"Noah Kitzler."

"You younglings never know when to quit, do you?"

"At least I'm no quitter."

And with those words, Noah began to gather up even more electricity and energy within himself, enough to hurt the alien.

His fingers twitching with almost blinding electricity, he cocked an eyebrow upwards at the alien, beginning to direct his powers at Ebony Maw.

Ebony Maw blocked the blue electricity with some objects that he had lifted up with his powers. He didn't seem to be struggling whatsoever, effortlessly using his abilities.