Chapter 29

{Happy New Year everyone! I wish you all a safe, happy, and healthy 2022 filled with love. This was a double update so please be sure to read Chapter 28. Sending you all of my love as always, J}

They did not, in fact, tell their friends at Christmas. Both men had all intentions of doing so, but so much other news was shared that they didn't want to upstage or overshadow anyone else. Instead, Harry spent most of his time with Teddy.

Teddy had been very curious about Draco at first. He looked at Draco with his wide eyes, and Harry watched as Draco fell in love for a second time. The first time Teddy had changed his hair color to Draco's, Draco cried. Harry now had lots more pictures of his family to add to his scrapbook.

The first ones to share their news were Neville and Blaise. It was right after everyone had arrived at the Burrow on Christmas Eve that Neville blurted out that he and Blaise were dating. Their news wasn't the most surprising.

That went to Ginny and Pansy who announced that they were also dating on Christmas morning. Everyone knew that they had gotten close, but not that close.

The time in between Christmas and New Year's was spent amongst friends, with Draco and Harry sneaking away for a few private moments whenever they could.

Now, it was New Year's Eve, and there seemed to be a conspiracy going against the two men. Harry and Draco were apart more than they were together at this point, cleaning up rooms in the Manor for all of their guests to share.

Draco was feeling a tad anxious as this many people hadn't been staying over since Voldemort took it over.

"Breathe sweetheart, it's okay. This house is going to be filled with so much love that anything dark that somehow remained will have no choice but to finally be gone for good."

"I love you Harry."

"And I love you my beautiful boy."

After a sweet kiss they once again parted ways, and didn't meet up again until right before dinner.

"Draco, Harry's in the kitchen", Ginny instructed, nodding towards the doorway.

As if Draco hadn't seen the mistletoe tucked away in the corner.

"Draco?"

"Here Harry."

Their steps were timed perfectly so that as Draco entered the kitchen and Harry left, they weren't under the mistletoe at the same time. Both men heard Pansy's frustrated huff, and Harry had to turn around so he could laugh.

When they tried the trick again, Draco had unenchanted the mistletoe and he and Harry purposely got "stuck" underneath it. Harry just kissed Draco on the cheek before going back to the kitchen. The enchantment was placed back on it, and soon Pansy and Ron were the unfortunate ones to get caught underneath it as Draco snickered in the corner. 

Dinner went off flawlessly, and Narcissa was very pleased. Her and Harry had been practicing to make the dishes from scratch, and they had received many compliments by the end of the night.

Once dinner was done, they all piled into the movie room. After debating what movie to watch for 20 minutes, Draco just told Harry to pick a movie that they would all enjoy. He decided on Mulan, and everyone seemed to enjoy it. The twins had to be talked down from recreating certain scenes of the movie.

There were a few more attempts at getting Harry and Draco to kiss, but they easily avoided them. A simple brush of the hand would alert the other to whatever ploy had been noticed. Their friends weren't satisfied with them cuddling on the movie chair.