McDonald's

*Leah's P.O.V*

I shut the car door and sat down in the passenger seat, my face still bright red from being out in the cold.

I looked over at Wes with a small smirk and he looked at me the same before putting the car in drive.

He headed out towards town, looking for a place to eat.

"Can I ask you a question?" I said turning down the radio slightly.

"Anything." Wes said, making me lose my breath in my throat.

"Do you think I'm a good hockey player?" I asked sheepishly, "and don't say yes just like Jack and Leo do because they feel like they have to. I want to know. Honestly am I a good hockey player?"

Wes looked away from the road for a quick second and toward me.

"God yes Leah. You're amazing, everyday when I watch you I wonder why you don't play. You have no trouble keeping up with the boys on the ice. Some days I wonder why you were ever a gymnast."

"So you think I could play for the Hawks and not have trouble catching up?" I asked excited to hear an unfiltered opinion.

"Yes, I do." Wes said genuinely. While turning the car towards the part of town that hosted all of the fast food chains.

"What about against Randy?" I blurted out.

I had never seen Randy play, but the way CJ talked about him and the way Wes got defensive it made me believe he was a really good player.

Wes gripped the steering wheel tighter, his knuckles turning white. Careful I placed my hand over his letting him know I was going to take it off of the steering wheel.

I placed it gently on my thigh, and held it there. I could hear Wes catch his breath slightly in his throat,000 whether it was over Randy or where his hand was placed I'll never know.

"Randy's not a good player. He wasn't even starting line up on my old team, he was second rotation. He doesn't have good skill, technique, nor is his shooting any good. The only thing that makes him good on the ice is his aggression." He paused for a moment and squeezed my thigh lightly sending shocks through my leg, "you could outplay and outsmart Randy on the ice any day. Hell I think you even shook him up a bit all those weeks ago after the hockey game in the lobby." He said with a chuckle.

I let a small smirk slide onto my face as I recalled that night in the lobby. Sure comments were said about me I didn't want to hear, but I was pretty bad ass that night.

I watched as Wes pulled into McDonald's his brown hair moving with his head as he checked to make sure he was clear to pull in.

"Going through the drive through, what do you want?" He asked looking at me with his soft complexion.

"A frozen coke and some chicken nuggets are fine." I stated.

Diets were still so engraved in me that eating out at any fast food restaurant felt wrong so I liked to keep my orders short. It made me feel less guilty about myself.

Wes noticed and looked at me, reading over my facial expressions like he could see right through me.

"OK, but I'm getting you a 10 piece with fries too." He said quickly leaving no time for me to interfere and tell him no it was too much before he started ordering.

After he order, he left no debate for the fact that he was paying. Receiving the food he placed the bags on the floor in front of me.

He pulled out of the drive through and took me down a road I'd never seen before.