two

Orphic

(adj.) mysterious and entrancing;
beyond ordinary understanding

☆☆☆☆

These past three years have been absolutely amazing

I couldn't be more thankful to Maria for giving birth to my two beautiful girls.

Tiffany turned four today and at 12 tonight, Astrea will too.

People often wonder how they have separate birthdays being twins.

Well, Tiffany and Astrea have a 20 minutes gap, with Tiffany being the elder twin. Tiffany was born at 11:50 pm on the 9th of October and Astrea was born at 12:10 am on the 10th of October.

I have been running from one place to the other since the morning to get all the decorations right.

The entire family is going to be here today. 

But, I don't know why I have an uneasy feeling, like something ill is going to happen.

No. 

Not the day for such thoughts. Today, I will keep everything aside and focus on their birthday celebrations.

I had finally gotten a break from all the tasks at hand and was now sitting in the living room.

Just a few hours more for the party to begin.

Closing my eyes, I dropped my head back on the couch with a sigh, only to be shook by Ella's loud cries. 

(Note- Tiffany's nick name is Ella based on her middle name Stella. Astrea's nick name is Tia)

I saw Maria coming into the living room with a whining Ella in her arms. A few minutes later, Tia also came in with a colouring book in her hands. 

Out of the two, Tia had always been the patient one whereas Ella had inherited her mother's infamous trait of impatience.

But, they are just kids right now. They will grow up and learn to understand the rights and the wrongs. 

Being fraternal twins, they look nothing like each other and same goes for their personality.

"Ella, calm down baby. Momma will go shopping with you tomorrow. Hmm?" Maria cooed. Hearing the word 'shopping' , Ella instantly calmed down whereas Tia scrunched her nose, which I may add, looked adorable.

"Otay mama!" Ella brightened with a toothy four year old grin and bounced in Maria's arms.

A small sight crept on my face looking at the scene in front of me.

Soon, the entire mansion was completely decorated and we were all set for the party to begin.