- Twenty Eight

Adisyn Kay Wise

"Mr Auclair wants to speak with you," Caitlyn walks into my office and I nod as I finish sending an email.

I'm a little surprised to know he's back in the office already? I mean I know he's been in his office for the past two days but I thought he would last longer in there and I must admit I'm glad he didn't.

I'm glad he's back and I'm actually glad to be rushed a little more by him? I don't know. I guess I just missed having him around?

I knock on his door before entering "You asked for me?"

He's leaning down and pulls out a bottle of champagne? He shows me the bottle with a light smirk smearing on his face and he sits it on his desk and grabs two glasses.

I notice the champagne and immediately identify which one it is — It's the champagne he said we would drink only for special occasions?

My brows furrow as I start walking up to him "What's the special occasion?"

He smiles and his head tilts a little "You remember? The champagne?" I nod and smile at him as he pops the bottle open.

"First of all," He gives me my glass and then goes back to his desk and pulls out an orange envelope. He hands me the orange envelope "Your surprise,"

"This is..?"

He breathes a laugh "Well, it wouldn't be much of a surprise if I told you. Open it,"

I'm intrigued to know what's inside so I want to open it but knowing Reed he likes to joke around a lot so I don't want to open it. I have no main idea what there will be inside here... Reed scares me with these things.

I'm about to tear it open but I stop "Will I like what's inside?"

He rolls his eyes and sighs "Just open it!"

I take a moment to take everything in — Okay. Whatever is in here is in here too bad too sad. I tear it open and pull out a white piece of paper that seems to be like a contract?

The fuck.

My brows furrow as I scan the document... I look at it to quickly because I didn't take it any of the information. I look at it once again but this time my eyes draw to the signature at the very bottom, it's Reed's signature?

I scan it again and my mouth drops. My lips part ways and my whole face starts to burn!

I look at him and smile and all these emotions inside suddenly burst out! It hurts to even look at him because on how fast my heart is racing out of my chest and how fast the adrenaline is rushing! All those butterflies being released.

I look at him and he looks happy to see me happy? I'm smiling to a point my face hurts! "Really?" I say through small puddle of tears forming in my eyes and my voice cracking.

He nods "You deserved it, all you need to do it sign it at the bottom."

I wipe away the one little tear "Here's a—" I cut him off and immediately rush to him to hug him.

My arms wrap around loosely on his neck with the document still in the tips of my hands. I hug him and cuddle my face onto his neck. I hug him as if I needed a hug from him. I hug him as if this is the last time I'll ever see him?

He slowly wraps his hands around me and I can tell my hug unsettled him because he took a moment to take in the hug.

I'm about to move away from him knowing I unsettled him but he actually hugs me back? He doesn't move me away? He wraps his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him and lies his chin on the top of my head.