Chapter 78: Preparation (1)

"Yawn…"

Gara walked through the corridor, yawning and rubbing her eyes. Yesterday she took a holiday because of her son, so she watched some K-dramas that she missed. She slept late at night but had to wake up early because today was a workday. 

Her assistant, Sara, insisted that she come late, take holiday, and leave early, whenever she wanted, but she didn't like throwing her work onto others… 

Walking by the door of her son's room, she found it locked, and an almost unnatural silence within the room. Frowning, she leaned her ears over the door and her frown only deepened. Today school was off, so Neji sleeping more than usual was not a bad thing. But the strange silence, as if the room's sound was cut from the outside, was strange.

She simply pushed her pinky finger on the edge of the door lock and used her quirk <Turn>, which caused the lock to turn and open the door. 

The unnatural soundless environment immediately ceased to exist. 

Slowly, making sure to create no sound, she parted the door a bit and peeked inside. 

...She had to stare at the scene for a while to register the scene in her mind, the scene where the silver-haired boy was hugging the black-haired girl to sleep, with a blanket covering their lower bodies. At this, she stilled briefly. 

Gara closed the door softly and walked away humming with a smile on her face. Her son was finally becoming a man! Hmm, maybe she should also respect his privacy a bit from now on? Maybe.

—★—

UA had given the students a day off, but the teachers were busier than usual instead.

"We have already captured the two brain-villains, but from what we have found out, they can't speak."

Naomasa Tsukauchi, the detective, said to the crowd of teachers sitting at the large table. 

"We are having trouble figuring out if they're even humans or not…" He added after a silence.

"What about the other two villains who were teleported via the strange liquid?" Pro Hero Snipe asked.

Tsukauchi shook his head. "We have checked the Quirk Registry of everyone in Japan from age 20 to 30, but none of them matched the information of the villains, 'Shigaraki', the Decay Quirk user, and 'Kurogiri', the Warp Gate user. Shigaraki seems to be the leader here."

Amongst the teachers, All Might, who sat beside Nezu in his skinny form, frowned. "...Leader, huh." He breathed out. "It's hard to believe that."

"Why?" Nezu asked, his eyes shining.

Unfortunately, one of the villains who jammed the network also destroyed the cameras temporarily. So they only had eye witness, there was no footage.

All Might scratch his chin. "I wasn't there in person, but from what I heard from Aizawa, he was bragging about the two brain monsters he brought with him. How he would kill me using them, and how all the students would die. He made sure to mention the quirks of the two brain monsters constantly, again and again, as if he was showing off a toy." All Might met everyone's gaze. "In simpler words, he is a man-child."

'A man-child, huh.' Aizawa, who was sitting in the room as well, nodded his head in agreement. 

Vlad King groaned. "You mean he is a kid with too much power?"