What Just Happened?

<<Tony>>
"FRIDAY, where's Delilah?"

"I cannot find her last location sir."

That catches my attention.

"What do you mean? What happened? Who was last with her?"

"I have no security data on Dalilah from the past few days."

That's not good. I immediately get up and start looking for her. I know she's not in my lab because I was just in there, and I pay enough attention that I would notice if she had walked in. I think.

I check her room first, but all that's there is some snacks. It does look like she's eaten something, so that's a good sign. I go to the main living room because she has been there before. I don't see her, but I do see Pepper and Wilson, and they were with her before.

"Hey Pep," I say. "Where's Delilah?"

"In her room," she says. "She felt more comfortable eating alone than with people with her, so we gave her some space."

"Okay, I don't want to panic you, but she's not in her room and FRIDAY doesn't know where she is."

"Well, she wouldn't have left the tower. She has to be somewhere. I also think she's on this level, because she hates the elevator."

"Pepper Potts, you are a genius."

We all split up and start looking for her in different rooms. I hear Rogers talking, so I decide to grace him with my presence and ask if he's seen the kid.

As I walk into the room, I see Delilah sitting with Rogers, Barnes, and Lang.

"Ah, so you're in here," I say.

Delilah looks up at me, and her eyes go wide. She stands up and walks so she's in front of me.

"I'm sorry. Do you need me to do something?" She asks.

"You're not in trouble kiddo, I promise. We just didn't know where you were, and FRIDAY didn't have any data on you. Do you have any idea why?"

She shakes her head, still not looking right at me.

"I'm sorry," she says.

"It's okay kiddo."

I go to look at my watch, but my sleeve is covering it. I extend my arm, and Delilah closes her eyes and flinches back. I also take a step back, and Steve, Scott, and Bucky look over.

"Kiddo," I say. "I promise that I am never going to hit you. You are safe here. If you have an issue with anyone, believe me, it will be taken care of."

She doesn't look at anyone. I crouch down so that I'm more at her hight, and just stay there.

"Is there anyone you would like to be with or anything you would like to talk about?" I ask.

She looks up at me, and it is the first time I really see the fear behind her eyes. She really thought I was about to hit her.

"Kiddo," I say slowly.

She takes another step back, and I don't move.

"You are in control of what happens next," I say. "We are going to do whatever you are most comfortable with. Would you like anyone to leave? No one is going to be mad or upset. We just want to help you."

"Tony," Steve says. "Come over here."

I do what he says, trusting that he has something in mind.

"Delilah," he says. "If you would like to leave the room, that is okay too."