Ch 12- Adele

Adelaide walked aimlessly, thinking about everything. She possibly can't tell the future to Dumbledore. What about Cedric Diggory? And Barty Crouch? And poor Bertha Jorkins. Was there any chance that she wasn't killed yet? Now she felt terrible. She hadn't thought about Frank Bryce, the muggle who had been killed by Voldemort earlier this year. She was just as bad as the pure-blood assholes. She cared more about the magical folk, that she had forgotten about the muggles affected. Ugh!

Something broke her out of her reverie; she felt static electricity coursing through her body; when she looked around everything in her vicinity was flowing in the air.

Adelaide was terrified but willed herself to think that everything was back at it's place and then exactly that happened.

She was musing about her shocking show of accidental magic when, suddenly a hand grabbed her wrist and turned her around. Her eyes grew wide, her breath hitched, her hand pulling her wand out as the stranger swirled her around to face them.

"Woah! Calm down" He said.

Cedric Diggory was staring at her. Adelaide had her wand pointed dangerously at his face, a spell at the tip of her tongue.

Adelaide blinked and then lowered her wand. "Sorry. You just surprised me" she said as she put her wand back, but she never removed her hand from it.

"More like scared you," Cedric Diggory said grinning. "I saw you walking past my compartment, so I came to say hello. I called you a couple times, but you didn't respond," he continued.

"Oh. Sorry, I was lost in thought" Adelaide said sheepishly.

Had he not seen her accidental magic or was it just a hallucination.

"What were you doing out here?" Cedric asked.

"Just taking a walk. It was kinda stuffy inside. What about you?" Adelaide said.

"I see. Oh, me. I came to talk to you," Cedric said.

"Me? That was nice of you" Adelaide said, slightly confused.

There was an awkward silence as they just walked the corridor of the train. Adelaide was trying really hard to not stare at his face but her body was not complying with her wishes.

"Did you hear about Mad-Eye? Um, you may not know, but Mad-Eye is--" Cedric started.

"Oh, I know who Mad-Eye is. Alastor Moody, Auror, super paranoid, half the cells in Azkaban are filled because of him, yeah. I stayed at the Weasley's for the summer. And about the dustbins, I've heard about that too," Adelaide said hurriedly. She was nervous like hell, but she didn't know why! She had never thought she would be the one to lose her cool around a good looking guy, but apparently, she was...Maybe she wasn't. Yeah. She was just worried about him dying in the end.

"Yeah. Dad said you were there in the kitchen at that time," Cedric grinned. "He didn't say anything weird, did he?"

"No, not reallyyyyy," Adelaide said as she thought about what Amos Diggory told her, "Only that you talk about me to him. A lot"

Cedric's cheek dusted a light pink and he tried to say something while stuttering and Adelaide was reveling in the fact that at last, she was able to fluster Cedric after he had done that to her at least 3 times; even though unknowingly.

The silence seemed a bit comfortable for Adelaide as they walked.

"Did it scare you?" Cedric asked.

"Hmm?"

"The incident at the World Cup, are you scared?" he repeated

"The Dark Mark? I'm not sure. Maybe I am," Adelaide shrugged.