Part.08

Please consider voting, commenting your thoughts and or adding my story to your reading lists if you enjoy! Have fun reading!! Also I am taking requests so if you have any, feel free to comment them! :)

Moondrop turns on his special music playlist and approaches you as he finishes his bedtime story for the kids. Before walking out of the room, he tucks you in tightly and looks down at you as he leans down and kisses your head. He does a brief scan to ensure that everyone is sound sleeping. Closing the door and taking a seat next to it, He tilts his head from side to side, sometimes glancing at the S.T.A.F.F bots going past. He watches them sweep up debris and scrub the floor, constantly offering to assist if he needs it, but he always declines. Moondrop listens intently through the door and detects soft moaning.

As time passes, he pays no attention to it. While you're sleeping, you're lying in bed, twisting and tilting your head away. You're experiencing a dream about being followed through a long and tight maze by a weird rabbit. Every time you see it, your eyesight becomes fuzzy. "No, no, no, no," You attempt to say something, but the rabbit locks you into a dead end. As four S.T.A.F.F. bots approach you, the rabbit comes closer "Please, bots, help me!!! I'm terrified!!" You scream for assistance, but all they do is get closer. The rabbit holds up a familiar button and presses it quickly, You curl up into a ball and gently murmur to yourself. You can feel the bot's hands on you, pulling you.

When you feel a gentle touch on your back, you accept your fate and begin to cry, thinking it is the terrible rabbit. As the hand gently hugs you, tears fall down your face. "It'll be okay. Moondrop will always be here." In your ear, Moondrop whispers quietly. As you tilt your head and open your eyes carefully, you see his warm grin and delicate shining red eyes. You reach out and pull him into a hug, warmly squeezing him while he strokes your back. "Do you want to talk about it with Moondrop?" he asks as he gently moves back and stares into your eyes. You shake your head no as he nods. He opens a tiny sweet, he brings you a mug of chocolate milk. "Say aah," he whispers quietly as he lays the sweet on your tongue as you open your lips slowly. It gets mixed up in your tears. It has a pleasant flavor to it and melts in your tongue.

As I sipped my chocolate milk, I felt more relaxed than ever. He gently lays you back down. As he pulls out your favorite bedtime book, he lets you rest on his arm. "Would you prefer to hear a bedtime story or cuddle with Moondrop?" You point with your free hand towards the book, your eyes feeling droopy. While you finish your chocolate milk, he makes sure you have your Sun and Moon plush in your free hand. He grabs the glass from you as he sets it down on the side table. As he nears the end of the story, Moondrop glances down and notices your closed puffy eyelids and red swollen cheeks. He kisses your forehead as he wipes away the last of your tears. He pulls the blankets over both of you before closing his eyes and softly cuddling you. Moondrop has never experienced anything like this before, so he is keeping a tight check on everyone. He clings to you closely to save you from having any more nightmares.