THIRTY ONE

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

Today was the first day that Kassian and I would be leading training together

Today was the first day that Kassian and I would be leading training together. I appreciated being involved considering this was my mother we were talking about. And the pack really need whipping into shape, Kassian was a good leader but they needed to work harder.

None of them realised what we were getting into and boy will they be in for a shock.

Kassian rounds up everyone in the kitchen as I grab my stuff from my bedroom and proceed downstairs. My eyes catch Ripley as he darts down into the library, I stop instantly and shout after him but he doesn't turn around.

I huff out a breath and poke my head down the stairs of the library. "Ripley!" I shout as he slowly grips onto the banister at the bottom. "Are you not coming to the training?"

He hesitates before walking up four steps to look at me, his hands fumbling in front of him. "I'm not strong enough," he mumbles before lowering his head.

My eyebrows furrow at his words. "Do you want to join in?"

Slowly his blue eyes flick up to mine, he takes a breath and then nods. "I want to learn to fight, I want to take part in training but no one sees me. It's best if I don't try. I'd embarrass myself."

"Well how will you get any better if you don't practice?" I flex an eyebrow at him.

He shifts between his feet and sighs. "I wouldn't be allowed anyway." He shakes his head.

"Says who?"

"Kassian."

I scoff at his words and reach for his wrist. "Well you can join us today and try to keep up."

"B-But what about Kassian?" He rushes his words.

My head shakes instantly. "If he has anything to say about it, I'll shove my fist down his throat. It's both of us running training today and it's my call too. Try your hardest, make me proud."

Ripley's blue eyes sparkle back at me, a little smile slipping onto his lips. "Thank you," he says gratefully.

"No time for thank yous," I say sharply before pulling him back up the stairs and towards the kitchen. "Just show everyone what you've got."

He exhales a shaky breath as I push our way into the kitchen, the pack were already waiting and chatting amongst themselves. I could spot Kassian talking to Mace at the front. My hand releases Ripley's and I give him a firm nod as I push my way through the crowd of people.

Kassian catches my eye and turns away from Mace instantly, he gives me a look to say that I'm late but I ignore his stare and turn back to the pack.

"Right, listen up!" Kassian's voice booms through the kitchen, silencing everyone instantly. "Cleo and I are going to be training you all today. We're going to be switching a few things up, so I expect the highest standards today."