Chapter 14

"You said that you are not my Sidu and I am not your Shehnu. Fine it will be like that. I won't call you Sidu until you ask me to. And I won't ask you to call me, Shehnu. I won't.."
Tears break the boundaries and roll down over her cheeks. Sidharth stands there still staring at her. His chest tightens up seeing the precious pearls falling from her eyes. He runs his fingers through his hair.

"Please.. stop crying. Don't.. cry."
"Why do you care? You are not Sidu and I am not your Shehnu. I am just Miss.Suri whom you hate. I deserve this.."
"Tum bhi toh hate karti ho mujhe, iss Driver ko."
She shoots her an angry stare with her red eyes.
"See, I.. don't like girls crying. Please stop."
"You are responsible for this. So, stop showing your fake concern.. Amma.. mujhe jana hai ghar, mujhe Dad ke paas jana hai abhi. "

"Shh.. please be a little quiet, Ma will find out."
"Acha hoga. She must know, you have hurt me. Amaa.."
He takes a step towards her, trying to calm her.
"See.. you can go home tomorrow if you want. We can find a way.."
"Shut up. Mujhe nahi jana.. you just want me to go away."
Sidharth runs his fingers through his hair, "But you said that you wanted to go. "
"Sidharth Sehgal, shut up."
"Fine. I will not say anything. Stop crying now. You want water?"

"Just go.. from here."
He turns to leave then realises it is his room.
"Listen, I can't go. It's my room and.."
Sana wipes her face by the back of her palm and says, "Fine, I will go then. "
She is about to leave but he holds her wrist, "Wait. Don't go. "
"Leave my wrist. I said leave."
He immediately leaves her wrist.

"What do you want now? You wanted me to go, I am going na. Kyun rok rahe ho mujhe? Why did you hold my wrist? Why?"
"Miss.Suri, I have absolutely no interest in holding your wrist. And I don't want anything from you. It's just that we both can't leave this room now."
Sana stares at him and he continues, "We just decided that we will behave like husband and wife in front of everyone. Right? "
"When? I didn't decide anything. You said. You said.."
Sidharth breathes out of his mouth,"Fine, I said and you listened. We have to pretend things are good between us for your father and my mother. This room is ours now, mine and yours. And tonight is our first night as husband and wife."

Sana's eyes grow big, "What do you mean by first night as husband and wife?"
Sidharth walks towards her and she takes steps backwards. She hits the bed and falls down on it. He comes over her and she closes her eyes out of fear.
A moment later, she opens her eyes to find him standing a little away holding a pillow near his chest. He tries to suppress his smile as he stands there.

"I actually meant, we are married now. So, Hume ek hi kamre mein rehna hoga. If any of us leave tonight then Ma will find out."
He says as he walks to the sofa. Sitting down he says,
"I will not touch you. You can trust me. You can take the bed, I will sleep here. Now please stop crying and sleep. You must be tired."
She wipes her face by the back of her hand. He puts the pillow on the sofa and lies down.

Sidharth puts his hand over his eyes and pretends to fall asleep. He could hear her soft sobs for sometime. He kept lying still, waiting for her to fall asleep. He knows it's no use trying to calm her. He lifts his hand to turn to see her when he hears soft snores. She had finally fallen asleep on one side of the bed, curled up like a baby. He gets up and comes closer. She looked cute with a red nose and a pout. A sad smile appears on his face. He picks up a pillow and lifts her head, he puts it under it, making sure he doesn't wake her up. And then covers her with the blanket. He softly touches her forehead and then wipes her tears with his thumb.

Sorry for hurting you. I am truly sorry, Shehnu.
I wanted to say, Welcome to our humble abode. And instead I said, you are not my Shehnu and you can't call me Sidu. I really wanted to hear Sidu from your mouth and call you Shehnu. But now I don't think that is ever going to happen.
Shehnu..I really missed you. I miss what we had. I just wish things weren't like this. I wish we could have met again as Sidu and Shehnu. I wish we could have happily got married. I wish we could have fallen in love before that. But these are unfulfilled wishes. Now I am just hoping against hope that things will change someday. I just hope we can be friends again, someday...Someday..