❥ 41. Neomemenia

Neomemenia (noun)
The time of the new moon; the beginning of the month in the lunar calendar.

♡♡

Staring back, she blinked ever so slowly

Staring back, she blinked ever so slowly. Eyelashes kissing her cheeks and blocking her vision for less than a second. She wished it not to be a dream and luckily it wasn’t.

Her once brown eyes which once seemed pale weren’t the same anymore. They felt glassy, emotive and normal. The feeling of feeling again made her throat choke, lungs pushing a deep exhale out. It felt good, surreal even to look back at herself without a flinch, a grimace or prickling of skin. She could keep staring herself, admitting her healing scars, the cracks were on display but she was learning to embrace them, live with them and acknowledge the damage she felt herself suffer.

She had accepted some facts, letting her feel liberated, breathing. The memories wouldn’t go away, they were to stay but she felt the need to make new ones. Ones she would be lunging on to when her demons will crawl back.

This time she had an anchor, to live for and to hold for life.

“Ira you done?” he knocked on door, followed by few small scratches “Hold up you lil’one. She’s coming out, don’t ruin my door.” he was surely glaring or mocking it.

Her lips played a soft smile of acceptance, gratitude and belonging. He might not be the ideal man, he had times when she felt the need to run away, from him, from this place, from the world. But at times it was him who made her yearn for attention. She wanted him to care for her, feel the sense of responsibility towards her. She wanted to feel belonged, not just this place but him too.

Tag her desperate, idiot and what not.

She wanted to feel secure and it was only him who made her feel that. He must be the one to cause her fear but he was her source of strength too.

“You are my unasked wish Mahira. I didn’t know I needed you until I had you”

She was believing it. No reason or rebuke could change her mind. The need to be cared and loved was overpowering everything.

“Ira…”

She opened the door and his black pools darted to her face, eyes and whole of her, the crinkles of worry relaxing.

“You took quite a time in there” he grumbled. “And this new fan of yours can’t keep it down”

Mahira grinned “You’re jealous of his attention”

“I thought you were smart” He rolled his eyes, leaning against the door panel. “You prove me wrong every single time, Ira. It hurts”

“Veer Malik is jealous of a little puppy? So bad for your image” she teased.

He scoffed, straightening his lips molding into a smirk “I hold the power to throw this one out anytime but for you I’m letting him stay. So tell me Am I jealous?”