17 || Auradon Girls

(Maya's P

(Maya's P.O.V)

"Uh..." Mal yells as Evie pulls her shoulders back as she was slouching. "Oh! Okay, Evie, I cannot breathe." Mal says as Evie zips up the dress.

"Well, you can breathe after Cotillion," Evie tells Mal as she looks at the dress while I was busy checking the orders for my jewelry shop as almost all the girls in Auradon had ordered at least a few pieces of jewelry from me so that they could show it off at the Cotillion ceremony.

"Well, I sincerely doubt that. I have at least 20 more events directly behind it, and I can't even remember what a single one of them is." Mal says as Evie fluffs her dress.

"It's fine, Mal, you need to relax a bit. They didn't appoint me to be your so-called squire for no reason you know." I say and continued to sort out the jewelry.

"Impeccable," Evie says as she blows a kiss before continuing to measure and doing some final touches to her dress.

"Evie? Maya?" Mal asks as she looks at her jacket from the isle.

"Hmm?" Evie and I say.

"Do you ever think about what we'd be doing if we were back on the Isle right now?" Mal asks us.

"That's funny. Ah! Look who's on TV." Evie says and the news shows Mal and Ben dining with Jasmine and Aladdin.

"As the royal couple continues their tour of the kingdom, they dined with Aladdin and Jasmine. Six months ago...No one thought King Ben and his girlfriend from the wrong side of the bridge would last." The news says and showed Mal spitting some food into her napkin and receiving a new one, this causes Mal to laugh.

"Yeah. No kidding." Mal responds with a sigh.

"Mal must be counting the days until the Royal Cotillion... when she will officially become a Lady of the Court." The reporter says and Mal suddenly gasps remembering the book she has to read.

"Read it fast at lightning speed. Remember everything I need." Mal reads out and moves her finger over the book and she starts reading it really fast.

"I know Mal's secret to fit in, and Ben wouldn't like it one bit," Evie says as she walks over to the bed.

"Haven't you guys had enough secrets between the two of you already?" I asked Mal and stand beside Evie.

"Come on, you guys remember what I was like before I started using my spell book and before Maya had become my manager. I mean, I was a complete disaster." Mal explains and continues to read the book.

"Well, personally, as your best friend, I strongly believe that this spell book--" Evie says as she grabs the book away from Mal's lap.

"Ah!" Mal says as she tries to grab the book, but she was too slow.

"It belongs in the museum, along with my mirror. Don't give me the face. Put the pout away. Mm-hmm. You know I'm right." Evie says.

"You don't ever miss running wild and just breaking all the rules?" Mal asks the both of us.