41

S A I N T

She allowed me to slide her glasses off her face and carefully fold them up to sit them on the desk

She allowed me to slide her glasses off her face and carefully fold them up to sit them on the desk. Her eyes peered up at me. It was only then that I noticed the lightest amount of freckles were sprinkled on her nose. She parted her pink lips, unintentionally forcing my eyes to them. I cupped her cheek, watching as some of her brown hair got trapped between my hands and her soft skin. In some strands, the lightest brown reflected the light from the room as the darker strands remained dull but full of life.

It was as if in that moment, I could see just how enthralling she was. As if I needed glasses my entire life and now after getting them, I could finally see. She was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen in my life. It was a beauty that was too unique to not remember.

Softly, I caressed her bottom lip as she closed her eyes. Her long eyelashes casted a shadow on her cheeks.

"Look at me," I said.

She pulled her eyes open and peered at me with those chocolate eyes that always stared into my soul when she was sucking my dick. However, now they lurked with something less erotic and more passionate.

She looked at me like how my mother once looked at my father. How all of the bad seemed to flee from her mind just so she could hold onto the good. That look that both Reyna and my mother shared was equivalent to that of an addict. As if they were no different from the people scavenging for drugs or alcohol, they would go through all the physical, emotional, and mental pain in the world just to achieve that climax of love-their ultimate high and dose of dopamine. Just like me, their addiction made them feel-feel hope, feel loved, feel alive.

"What's wrong?" Little Red asked, breaking me from my thoughts.

"Nothing," I answered.

After clearing my throat, I tore my gaze away from her. The last thing I wanted was for my thoughts to drift any deeper. My mother was right about one thing-it was scary. It was scary to think about, to feel, to understand. I didn't want fear to course through me at the thought that I could possibly look at her in the same way she looked at me.

"You mentioned we had a lot to discuss. What is it?" she questioned.

I sighed and began to pull my suit jacket off my body. I undid the top buttons of my shirt before rolling my sleeves up just above my elbow. She only watched me sit down on the bed.

Just like that, I explained everything. From meeting with Savannah who told me about Tino and Dante knowing Viktor, to Viktor being more than one person. She took everything I said with a nod.

I could see her thoughts running a mile a minute. It was something she just couldn't help. The woman was a genius-the most smartest person I had ever met. If there was a question, she would do everything in her power to find an answer. It was just one of the things that made her so majestic.