39

This doll... it had to be Veria. There was no other explanation for it. A few more days passed by living in the toyshop, with you tiptoeing around a lion's den. You continuously pondered about the doll, to figure out what truly happened. With a heavy heart, you had quickly pocketed her to examine it further at night. Every little detail looked exactly like her -- it was haunting and eerie. It meant you were too late though. She did say Blaise would get rid of her, but you didn't expect it to be that soon. It was foolish of you to think you could save her too. Of course she'd leave you; in the end, everyone did.

You noticed Blaise was getting clingy. Dark circles shadowed beneath his green eyes and those very same eyes seemed frantic. His arms pulled you in during every break the two of you had, in a way to remind him that you were still there. He would be extra affectionate, kissing you long and hard until you were nearly suffocating. He whispered declarations of love that had once warmed you up, but now only chilled you to the bones. Whenever you left the shop without his notice, he would be furious when you came back. You need to tell where you're going next time, he chastised.

This was getting tiring. You didn't want to hold up an act anymore... the fake smiles hurt your cheeks and the disgust you'd feel after every kiss you shared with him was horrid. You had to figure a plan to get out of here.

It was another little tea time for the two of you. Sitting there at the table as he placed the steaming teapot on the smooth wooden surface, he walked away to grab biscuits to eat along. Staring at the pot, you contemplated whether or not you should take the chance.

When he came back, you returned to sitting there primly, as innocent as ever. He set a plate down for you and one for him. He seated himself in front of you, elegantly scooting his chair closer. Watching him pour the liquid into the teacups, you thanked him and began nibbling on the biscuit first. As he was about to lift his cup up, he set it back down without taking even a sip.

In one swish of his arm, he shoved the cup off the table. It landed onto the floor with a loud crash and cracks appeared to burst into a thousand tiny pieces. [e/c] hues widened in horror, you flickered your vision over to see the man with his arms crossed, looking unamused. "You're too easy to weed out, [Y/N]. Pouring the concoction into the teapot? That's uncreative. It's exactly what I did to kill your stepfamily. So why would you ever think this tactic would work on me?"

He knew. He somehow found out you knew. How? Fear seized you with its hand, causing you to shake in your seat. Another thing was that he basically confessed... that he killed your family. It was one thing to hear from Veria, but it was another thing to hear it directly from him. It was a stab to your heart, similar to the doll that had been pierced. You were afraid of him, but you were also angry. This was the time to let him know how you truly felt. "Why would you kill my family?! You had no business to do such a thing," you hissed, disgust warping your features.

He had the audacity to look surprised. "You didn't need them in your life anymore. They abused and hurt you... it's only right they deserve punishment."

"They didn't deserve to die, Blaise! You committed a crime on people I cared about," you whispered, tears welling up in the corners of your eyes. You were so tired of crying. It was as if that was all you ever did anymore. You were probably dehydrated from all the water you lose everyday. It was pitiful and weak. Nothing changed about you since meeting him. Wiping them away furiously, you glared at him with the utmost hatred. "I despise you. I don't want to ever see you again. You never did care about me, did you?"

His mouth parted and his hues widened in panic. He usually hid his emotions so well, but here he was, pouring it out for the world to see. "That's not true. I care about you so much it hurts. I would offer you the world... anything and everything to make you happy."