Chapter 10 | Shocked

I press my lips together not knowing what to do, nobody can tell what I am going through, how my heart is trembling and how scared I am right now, when I did nothing.

I only wish the photo was taken from another angle so they could see how badly I was sobbing like a mad women, I wish I did not squeeze him like that because it looks so inappropriate, I wish he should have pushed me and not consoled me by wrapping his arms around my body, I only wish such things could have happened this way and not the way I enjoyed that day so I do not see the look of disappointment my parents are throwing towards me.

I do not blame them for looking me with anger and disappointment, any body would have found it inappropriate. Even I feel disgusted on myself for hugging him like that when I should have maintained distance. But I was not able to think about anything that moment, I just wanted someone to protect me and he was their and he was the only one their for me.

"What is this? Can you explain?" I take a peek at Ziyan chewing my inner cheek to not cry at her loud harsh tone. His eyebrows furrows up in confusion as he walks towards me and takes the picture from my trembling hand I even see many other pics in her hand and I don't even want to know how it looks like and how it is portrayed in my parents mind.

A sigh escapes his lips and he crumbles the picture and throws it away "Throwing it away doesn't change the fact that you guys are hiding something from us" I squeeze my eyes shut when a tear escapes my eyes but I wipe it away angrily. I so want to explain but I am not able to open my mouth.

"We are not hiding anything from you aunty, what are you even telling?" Ziyan sounds annoyed "Oh then please explain why you guys are sticking closer to each other" she gives us a daring glare but I find Ziyan glaring back.

"Aunty? Have you ever thought of hugging someone tightly but found none beside to do so?" Ziyan questions taking a step forward and when she does not reply but only glares at him he continues "I am sure you did and I have also felt the same that day but what happened is, I had someone beside me and that happened to be Ziah, and this picture just shows two human hugging so please calm down" Ziyan explains in a calming tone but I hear Uncle Sam scoffing and coughing at his truth.

Thank god he is not keeping his mouth shut like me and is speaking up.

"Okay then what is this?" She hands him another picture, and that looks worst than before, Ziyan was literally cupping my face, and that was when he wiped my tears and made a joke about something and that tells why I was smiling but from a far the swollen eyes cannot be seen but my red nose and cheeks are visible.

I gulp back my hot tears when Ziyan stays quiet not able to say anything on this and my mother smirks proudly "What happened? You don't have any stories to make?" She raises her eyebrows mockingly and again Ziyan crumbles the paper and throws it on the ground and I so want to go jump on it.

"Mamma—" I flinch back when she cuts me of harshly "you shutup! I did not talk to you so Shut Up." She gives me that glare that literally shuts me up but it do not shuts my eyes, It only builds more tear and this time even after trying so hard not to cry infront of the, tears drops down on the carpet one by one as I keep my head low, I do not even look up, even not when Ziyan curse under his breathe and a silence fills the room.

I keep my head low very low so they do not notice my tears, I hate crying infront of everyone but I am not able to hold it back when Mamma is the one yelling.

I squeeze my fingers out of nervousness but harshly wipe my cheeks to not cry.

"Aunty since your not talking to Ziah talk to me then, what do you want?" Ziyan voice loud, clear, stern but harsh too, a tone he never uses on elders.