Chapter 36: Dainsleif

Your POV

We both brought ourselves to the bathroom, and I examined the entire area, relishing the opulence, very soothing and elegant. Traditional Liyuenian influenced architecture, design and art. Paired up with modern and contemporary decorations, bathrooms in this style can be ultra luxurious and extremely relaxing. But it's nothing compare to the bathroom at the Jade Chamber.

Zhongli turned on the faucet and began filling the tub with warm water. Due to the vapor, the entire area began to gradually warm up. He then used the back of his palm to check the water temperature.

" I believe this is perfect enough and to your liking. " He said with a smile, I went unto the tub and started wetting my body and hair, Zhongli then joined in.

He then took my other hand and placed it on his bare chest. " Allow me to share a part of me to you. " He said with a soft smile, his chest glowed like a thousand fireflies slowly making their way into my hand. All I could do is stare at him until it faded away, I then took my hand after and looked at it.

" What happened? " I asked him and he just chuckled as a response. He ignored my question and just proceeds to wash my body.

After washing ourselves I stared at my reflection on the mirror. I saw Zhongli behind me also staring at our own reflection, he then smiled and combed my hair using his fingers.

" I had thought of feeling like this whenever I'm with you, but you have exceeded those thoughts quite well. " Zhongli said and placed a gentle kiss on my cheek. " So this is how it feels to be human... Interesting. " He said and covered my body with a towel.

I looked at the clock and my eyes widened, I remembered I still have a job to do. " Zhongli... I... I better go... I still have a lot of unfinished business to take care of... " I told him.

" Do you want me to accompany you? " He asked while drying his hair.

" It's fine... I don't want the Millelith to ask me why I brought the consultant of the Wangsheng Funeral Parlor at a danger zone. Plus, I don't want them to get the wrong idea. " I said with a chuckle.

" Master Hu really overdid herself, didn't she? " Zhongli asked with a sighed, I laughed and nodded.

" Yeah, Dr. Baizhu told me that one time Hu Tao offered one of the Millelith for a discount when the guy started coughing after doing overtime... Of course the guy declined and immediately consulted Dr. Baizhu for medical help. And then he remembered Hu Tao's words that ' all of us are eventually gonna die and nothing can stop death from happening, ' things like that. " I told Zhongli while drying my hair.

" According to Dr. Baizhu. Due to panic, the poor guy started taking his medications more than he should, which resulted in overdose... The guy thought he'd die... So he took Hu Tao's offer.... " I continued and started laughing while Zhongli helped me with my dress.

" Good thing Dr. Baizhu had an antidote and the guy survived. But the guy still kept that coupon Hu Tao gave him though. " I said with a laugh.

" So maybe that's why Master Hu thought her methods were effective... " Zhongli said and took a deep sigh.

~ Time skip, back at Lingju Pass ~

" Milady! You're back! There are a lot of Abyss mages everywhere! You must be careful! " A Millelith told me.

" Seriously? Not just Ruin Guards? But also Abyss mages? " I asked them and they nodded.

" I see... Just stick with the plan, warn the civilians and don't allow them in. I'll fend the monsters off— "

" There's already a guy that rushed in, we weren't able to stop him, Milady. " A Millelith told me. I sighed.

" Please, don't tell me it's Diluc? " I asked.

" You mean the owner of the Dawn Winery, Lady (y/n)? "

" No, Milady. He has blonde hair and wears weird clothing... "

" Yeah! Just like the Traveller! "

" He wears a mask or eyepatch maybe? I don't know, Milady... " They all told me.

" Hmm... I see. Don't worry, I'll be on it. " I told them and started searching for the guy, destroying Ruin Guards and killing monsters blocking my path.

" Look out! " I heard a deep voice shouted, when I turned around I saw an Abyss Herald throwing his attacks at me. I immediately leaped out of the way, but to my surprise the Abyss Herald was fast and is spinning it's way rapidly towards me.

' Ah sht. I suck at mid-air movements. ' I thought. The Abyss Herald chuckle " Too slow. " He said before launching at me. I then felt an arm on my back and the other one on my legs. My eyes widen, the guy saved me.

' Blonde hair and weird clothing... it fits the description... But the poster Amber posted all-over Mondstadt is different. ' I thought.

" You're really giving it your all just to hunt us down, Dainsleif. " The Abyss Herald said with a laugh. I can see a huge portion of my hair falling off the Abyss Herald's blade.

' So he's Dainsleif. ' I thought while staring at him glaring at the Abyss Herald. He then turned his attention to me and gently placed me on the ground, the exact same time my hair landed on the ground.

' So that Abyss Herald was really aiming for my neck. ' I thought and tied my hair up into a bun. I looked at Dainsleif who's currently staring at me.

" Those eyes. I've seen them before. " I told him and his eyes widen. I can see a lot of monsters and Ruin Guards surrounding us.

" Can you manage yourself? " Dainsleif asked me and I nodded.

" Yeah. Thanks by the way. " I told him.

" You're like a bug that keeps on pestering me. Urgg! You're a waste of time! " The Abyss Herald groaned in annoyance, and with that they all vanished without a trace. I saw Dainsleif clenched his fist. The Ruin Guards surrounding us are getting ready to  attack us.  

I slowly raised my hand, " Disperse! " I said. Golden dust blasted off from the ground, hitting all the surrounding Ruin Guards.

" Four. " I said and lowered my thumb. My dust formed into swords and pierced each of the Ruin Guard's eye.

" Three. " I said and lowered my little finger. Another sword was formed and pierced the Ruin Guard's eye twice, paralyzing it.

" Two. " I said and lowered my ring finger. Golden dust started forming above us, covering the night sky.

" One. " I said and lowered my middle finger. The golden dust covering the sky formed into a huge circle. Dainsleif eyes widen.

" They used to look like stars... Who knew it'd turned out to be the sun. " He said with his eyes still widen.

" Zero. " I said and lowered the last finger, my index finger I then covered Dainsleif's eyes with my other hand before it smashed on the ground destroying all of the Ruin Guards around us.