Chapter Nine: House

After a restful sleep, I wake up and put on my uniform for today since I have the full plaza shift. I brush my teeth and put on my shoes, while quickly making two coffees on the go. I get in my car driving to work while the coffee rests in a cup holder.
As I park my car and run into the giant work space, it's full as usual. I see Alex and run up to them while they're doing a birthday party for a group of kids.
"Hey- I made you some coffee !"
"Oh, that's so kind. Thanks, Y/N!"
"Of course! You did take the take to check up on me last time."
"Mmh!"
They take a sip.
"Oh, woah! it's really good"
"thanks—"
Alex pats my head.
"i checked in work for you, so you weren't considered late."
"WOAH, THANKS SO MUCH"
"mhm! by the way, there's some new packages for the daycare, some new toys and stuff."
"ah, alright. thanks for letting me know!"
"no problem. if you have any trouble with them, i could help you out"
"alright. noted."
I go on to the storage room under the theatre and find the boxes.
The endoskeletons has always creeped me out. After you touch them or if there's a loud sound. They move when you're not looking, and it sucks. It's so annoying to have to avoid them all, since there's a lot.
I finally put the last box outside of the main daycare and open the door — It's empty. Oh,, the kids and Sun are in the theatre. That gives me enough time to put everything in. I take out the board games, toy house, small toy cars, and some plushies for the kiddos. I go on the refill the soda dispenser.
A few minutes later i'm completely done and all finished. I finish my coffee and throw the cup away while walking to the bathroom sink. I wash my face with cold water and I hear the kids all walking back to the main daycare center. After I hear them all gone and back into there, I later on walk in there.
Sun skips on over to me and picks me up and spins me around.
"HELLOOOO Y/N! YOU SURE WERE LATE TODAY? DID SOMETHING HAPPENN?"
"N-Nope— Just talked to Alex about the new shipping"
"Oh! SO THATS WHY THERES NEW THINGS IN HEREE"
"Yup!"
Sun finally puts me down and the little kids come and hug me all around.
"YAYYY, YOURE BACK! WE THOUGHT YOU WOULDNT BE HERE TODAY!"
I chuckle and smile.
"Well i'm here now, so don't worry"
Some of the kids were already playing with the new things and really enjoyed them. I walk around supervising the place while Sun played with the other kiddos, having fun with them.
"Hey, Sun and Y/N!"
"Hm?"
Me and Sun walk over to the kids who were playing house.
"Y/N, can you be the mom of the family?—"
"Sure!"
"And sun, youll be the dad of the family!"
"THAT SOUNDS ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!"
O h—
As we continued to play house, me and sun were the married parents. I never felt weirder because Sun was really good with the kids agreeing how in this situation, we're married. Yes, it was just a game. But it still felt weird to me.
Sun kissed my cheek saying how i was their mother/parent and I should respect them. That was the first time he's done that— I could feel my face heat up and the kids could tell.
"Oooo! They're blushingggg!!"
Damnit.
"Sunny and Y/N sittin in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"
My face heated up even more. They all giggled and continued playing and messing around. Sun acted as if he didn't hear it. I suppose he's not wired to know what to do in that situation. I smile softly during the whole things and some kids got picked up early. There were only just a few left now and we didn't exactly have nap time that day. Later on, we had a book story and a puppet show. I always adored how good Sun was with kids.
The kids loved him. And the kids also loved me.