Ran // What if?

What if? 

What if you didn't look to your right where your soulmate is standing?

What if you were just a minute late in ordering your favorite coffee in the morning. Then you missed the chance to meet your soulmate?

What if you sneeze that made you close your eyes, then someone walk past you without you knowing that he/she is your soulmate?

What if you didn't offer him your hot coffee in the middle of Christmas eve four years ago, Will you regret it?

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

You sneak behind Ran's back and cover his eyes "Happy anniversary, Love. I have a surprise!" You said, almost in a giggling tone.

"What? I told you not to get me anything." He holds your hands that are covering his eyes.

"Eh? It's our anniversary! it's special!" You said as you guided him to your gift. "I think hard about this because clearly, you have everything." You fake a cough. "Including" cough "me" cough.

He chuckles at your cuteness. "I don't want anything else, just you by my side, Love."

"Eh? Cheezy Ran." You chuckled and removed your hands that were covering his eyes. "Tada!" You shake your hands in front of the gift. It's art materials.

"You told me that you used to paint, I don't know the exact reason why you stop, but I could see in your eyes when you told me stories that you really love doing that so, I thought that if you're ready, You can paint again and I'll be the first one to buy your art." You smiled at him, Ran's face stiffened for a while but it became soft after. He brushed your hair with his fingers.

"Thank you, Love."

"You're welcome."

He took a deep breath. "Now, you're next. Close your eyes." He said in a gentle tone. You smiled at him and obliged.

"You can open your eyes now." You slowly opened your eyes and there, you saw Ran on his knees with a tiny box in his hands.

"y/n, l/n will you marry me?"

You gasp as you put your hands over your mouth, You didn't expect this to happen. Tears are now building in the corners of your eyes.

"Yes! always a yes!" You answered and spread your arms asking for a hug. Ran stood up and hug you, tightly. He then looked at you straight into your eyes and kissed the tip of your nose down to your lips.

"I love you, y/n" he took your hand and put the ring on your ring finger.

"I love you too, Ran Haitani."

The proposal was nothing fancy but it was at the perfect timing. everything felt magical.

★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★

"Are you ready, Love?" You asked Ran as you stood in front of your house. Your mother and sister knew that you were dating here and there but they never asked you anything about it so, bringing Ran for them to meet for the first time means that you're serious about him. Your mother almost cried on the phone when you told her that you're bringing your boyfriend to meet them.

"Are you sure it's fine to announce our engagement during Christmas dinner?"

"Yes! My sister is rarely home because she's staying with our father. I want her to be present when we announce."

"Okay." He smiled at you. You pressed the doorbell and after a couple of seconds, the door opened.

"Nee-san!" You greeted her with a squeal! She stood frozen in front of you and forgot to hug you back. "Eh? Why are you not hugging me back? You didn't miss me?" You pout as you break from the hug.