𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

❝ 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡

❝ 𝐎𝐥𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐢𝐠𝐡  ❝

███████████████████████████

Old lovers of the past isn't a pleasure of meeting in the present. In Eleanor's eyes and experience, she would've been too overwhelmed to evade and avoid said lover with much energy she has in her but now, she's too drained of life in her that she stays still in unmoving posture that seemed like she'll be surrounded by birds any time soon.

"Hello, Eleanor." Nikolai Grey greets politely, charming smile with his annoyingly perfect teeth and glistening gold eyes that matched his bronze and light hair. Unusually, Eleanor did not feel anything like she did when she was human and was just in pure shock, too numb to hurt.

Nikolai Grey was the most eligible person to marry from where Eleanor grew up. He was the richest man — of the area's — son, learned to adapt quick to that specific timeline's persona and stereotypes that made him ecstatic to play along a story with his creator. His eyes were dark red when he met the most gorgeous woman he ever laid eyes upon.

"I wasn't expecting to see you after a millennia." Eleanor says, resistance and guarded expression that Nikolai notices but didn't point out.

"When word spread of the Volturi's princess going rogue, I just had to steal you for myself." Nikolai reaches for her hand, planting a chaste kiss on the back of her palm that made Eleanor hold in the urge to roll her eyes but instead pulls her hand back softly on her side. "Please don't take my actions to offense, I just missed you, is all." He says quickly, hand raising as an act of innocence.

"Kol, you know it's been a thousand years, I haven't thought of you so feverishly when your creator turned me out of horrible enactment." Eleanor says with no regrets, crossed arms as Nikolai clicks his tongue, wouldn't blame her.

It was Nikolai's creator that turned his fiancée — Eleanor Chase — to what they are. In return of the change, Eleanor killed him by her newborn strength and profound gift. Nikolai held no intentions to stop her, knowing she has every right to as she didn't want to be such a thing. Plus, Nikolai always resented his maker so he didn't have any problem of Eleanor killing him.

"No offense taken." Nikolai chuckles sweetly, almost too humane to make up on. "If you wonder why I'm here, I'm here to protect you."

Eleanor frowns, "And why on Earth would you do such a thing?"

"Believe it or not, I actually still care for you. Not in the way we used to, just really protective." Nikolai says seriously, walking past her and looks around the hotel that he snuck in with no effort at all in New York city. Such a big and lively city for someone like Eleanor to live in. Temporarily as she was still figuring out how to cope with the pain in her chest.