Part 28 'I didn't mess it up'

A/N I hope that this update was the start to a great new year for everyone! ♡

Krel's POV

There, I told her. If we were to share the lightest touch, it will become too much and will be hard for her to resist the bond. My Mate is a noble being. If something were to happen...she would take responsibility. What if...what if...No...I can't play any cheep tricks. No matter how much I want to, and no matter how strong the desire. I promised. Even if I keep that promise with tears.

It's...almost laughable how I had to be one of those shameful men who went into heat. Now I've become more emotional. And needy. God, so very needy. A shiver went up my spine as I briefly imagined being close to Mate again. Yet, every time now, those thoughts are followed by an overwhelming sadness. I want her... I want to touch her... But I can't...

An instant sharp pain shoots through my chest as Mate takes a tentative step back. Sadness overwhelms me and I fall to my knees. Tears prick at the corner of my eyes. A whimper escapes me as I try to get the sudden swirling pain under control.

'Please talk to me, I need you.' My wolf chose to ignore me. Achna was disgusted by the turn of events and shut me out. And now I'm all alone...at the edge of a panic attack, or maybe this is one.

It's okay, it's okay. She's still there, she didn't really reject you. You need to calm down. That pain earlier wasn't the feeling of your heart actually breaking. You need to breathe.

"I thought about it, and I'm not the unselfish guy you are."

'W-what are you talking about?' Suddenly I'm roughly thrown into the back of my mind, the control over my own body suppressed. This...he waited until my mental state was weakened... Suddenly, I understand. 'This IS WHAT YOU WANTED! DON'T! PLEASE DON'T! ACHNA I'M SERIOUS! YOU CAN'T! PLEASE PLEASE DON'T!'

A\N Isn't this exciting? _(:3 」∠)_
Achna's POV

Enough is enough! I wipe the tears away, ignoring the searing pain in my stomach and make direct eye contact with Mate. Ah, she is worried but doesn't know what to do. What a sight. Well, it's finally time to settle some things before the heat gets out of control.

"My dearest Mate, do you remember me?" With a soft gasp and crinkle of her eyes, she answers, "Achna." The way she said my name like one would a wish, soft and curious. I guess she hasn't forgotten me after all. Fixing Krel's posture and and straightening up, I take a daring step forward. Darkly, with a hint of mirth, I ask, "Do you like playing games?"

She cutely blinks in response, clearly more confused. "You need to decide something right now." I hold out my, well Krel's arm, and continue. "All this really boils down to, is, do you want a Mate or not? Because we can't go through this alone."

Mate's eyebrows scrunch together as she replies in an unsure manner. "You know why I can't." I only smile, annoyed. "No, I don't think you understand, miss has everything. You can't just string your Mate along. You hurt us, especially Krel when you treat us half heartedly."

A look of surprise, sadness, and perhaps even guilt flash across her face. She doesn't mean to do this, I know. And I know it's been hard for her too. But...this can't go on.

Softly, she says, "I'm sorry. I honestly had a plan, and now, I am not sure how to proceed." Krel and I knew that we wouldn't be an ideal Mate for anyone. Especially with our baggage, and lack of social skills. As soon as when we began to long for our Mate, we accepted it would be a long road to make her happy...

With a tone as serious as I could make it, I say, "Mate, if you don't touch my outstretched hand, then I will touch you." Her eyebrows raise, as if to say 'oh really?' I continue, "However, If I do-" I pause. Licking my lips, I go on, "I know that Krel will never forgive himself." Her expression noticeably softens.

It's all a bluff, one I'm not even sure Krel is aware of yet. If she wanted to, she could easily get away. We're on a landing pad after all. If she were to jump off and shift midair, there would be nothing I could do.

On top of that, I lost my one good card, the element of surprise. And what's worse, told her my intentions. This is all Krel's fault for making me soft hearted like this. But...I do know the feeling of wanting Mate to choose us...to accept us. I want that more than anything. It was never about physical affections. We want to genuinely be loved by someone, for once.

My hand stays outstretched. Please, choose us. "You know, my mind has become clearer talking to you, despite these overpowering pheromones."  Mate gives a soft smile as she talks. She continues, "It was admittedly dumb of me to run from the allure of a Given for this long. I will accept you...but I won't trust you, I can't until matters are settled."

Wait, are my ears deceiving me? Did she just accepts us! I angerly rub at my eyes as hot tears fall. I did it! I really really really did it! "I can finally do something I have wanted to do for awhile." I look at her confused, unsure what she's talking about. I'm left with no time to react as she wraps her arms securely around my lower and upper back.

Warm, it's so warm. A grown wolf shouldn't cry, but God, why is a hug so warm and comforting??? I quickly wrap my own arms around her, tightly holding the soft cotton material of her clothes. Hoping that the hug never ends. Krel, who I had suppressed was crying tears of joy. 'See, I didn't mess it up!'