Chapter 7

☆▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎Day full of work▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎☆

*María's POV*

After washing the dishes I grabbed my sheet of my jobs for the week from the table. I walked into the kitchen and see four sheets of paper on the table. I pick up the sheet that had my name on it and read off the things I need to do today.

For María

1. The washing, (laundry)

2. Cleaning the floors,

3. Dust off the instruments,

4. Go to the market and pick up anything you need for making dinner,

5. Cook diner

Merci María!

P.S In the brown pouch is some money for the ingredients you need for dinner!

I check over it once more. I nod slightly at it. I run back to my room and grab my satchel and put the pouch of money carefully in it, and walk back through Casita, down the hill to the markets. I go from one stall to the next. From the butchers to the florist, then the florist to the bakery. I wiff the air and sigh in delight. I grab a nice fresh loaf from the lovely owner before walking through Encanto as I've never actually explored it. The entire time I wandered around the markets I felt.....a pair of eyes following my every move.....

I ignore everything and everyone around me as I enjoy the gorgeous colours of Encanto. The bright purples and greens shone out throughout the village. It brought a smile to everyone's faces. After walking around for a while my arms begin to get tired as I held everything in one to many bags. A sudden tap on my shoulder brought me out of my daze. When I turn around I see the face of the owner of the bakery.

'Hola Mr Hernandez!' I smile happily at him and place the heavy bags at my feet.

'Hola señorita' He had a gentle smile on his face. Somethings not right....When I look over the shoulder of Mr Hernandez I see another Mr Hernandez talking to a few children. I chuckle.

'Hola Camilo' I say. He just smiles and he turns back into himself. He had that stupid smirk on his face.

'Hola mi amor (my love)' He says as he takes my free left hand to his mouth to lay a soft kiss to it. I feel my face heat up at the action. He raise his head and upon his face is a proud smile yet still held my hand. He looked down at all the bags that were placed at my feet. He frowned. 'Are these all for you?'

I look down at the bags. 'Oh no no no, these are actually for cena (dinner) so it's technically for you and the others' I explain. A relieved smile comes to his face.

'Really?' He asks. I nod. 'What are you making?'

I grin. 'Not telling'

'Aw come on! Not even for you favourite Madrigal?' He says with a small pout. I chuckle.

'Nop (nope) and besides Antonio is my favourite Madrigal' I say as I start to walk away but Camilo's hand yanked my back so I fell into his chest. I looked up at him and he had an offended look.

'Disculpe! (Excuse me!) I saved your ass twice! And you pick my hermano over me! Oh I am so wounded by you mi amor!'  He says as he places a hand to his heart. I laugh and stand up properly.

'Well you might become my favourite Madrigal if you help me carry these back to Casita' I say. He looks down at me with a happy expression.

'Really!'

'Quizás (Perhaps)' i ponder. He smiles and practically takes all the bags off the floor for me. I widen my eyes in shock. 'Camilo! I said for you to help me not carry everything yourself!' I say as I take the bags he held in his left hand off him. He smiles sheepishly then looks down. He then looks back up at me, i raise an eyebrow.

'This also looks heavy let me hold it for you' He says as he takes my hand in his and laces our fingers together. I blush bright red. At both the gesture and the pick up line.

'That was smooth...' I mumble. He laughs at my sudden shyness. I soon join in with the laughter. We both laugh the whole way up the hill all the way back to Casita. Sadly it came to and end far to quickly as we reached the kitchen. Camilo places the bags on the table and he starts to unload the ingredients from the bags. I join in unloading the other bags. We were in comfortable silence, nothing was awkward or unsettling. For once in my life I felt.....safe.

'So am I your favourite Madrigal now?' He asks breaking the silence. I turn away from my bag that was now empty and see he was leaning on the table staring at me.

I place my pointer finger and thumb under my chin like I have a beard and I lace my other hand on my hip. 'Nope! Still Antonio!' I say as I skip off out of the kitchen to go do the rest of my duties. I hear Camilo calling my name from behind, I just laugh and run off.

(Time skip!)

I sighed as I sat down in the kitchen to do my final task. My feet were aching from being on them all day. After going to the market I went to do the Madrigals washing (laundry). That was a fairly easy task but the different rooms making it really difficult especially Camilos room because it kept changing appearance every ten minutes and his washing would end up on the other side of the room. Little shit. After washing them by hand then throwing them up on the washing line to dry I proceeded onto my next duty. Cleaning the floors was difficult because of Isabela's flower petals. Every so often more would flow into the house from the village. The crooks and crevasses were also hard to get into but I managed. Shinning all the instruments was by far the best, the Madrigals had the best musical instrument collection, from violins and pianos to foreign flutes and ukuleles. It was amazing. And maybe I perhaps played a few things on them as I cleaned.

And now onto my final task. 'Dinner!' I smile and jump to my feet again. 'Casita do you mind helping me get the ingredients?' I ask. Suddenly Casita came to life as shelves and doors to cabinets opened and popped out the ingredients I needed to make my famous dish. 'Gracias Casita!' I look at the counter where all the ingredients were laid out double checking if I forgot something. When I see I forgot nothing i start heating up the pan. 'Paella hora ..... (Paella time) ' I mumble to myself.