14

I'M NOT SURE why I'm here, but I'm currently in the front seat of Parker's sports car. I glance back at Jackson, giving him a reassuring smile. Turning back around, I look out the window. We've been sat in silence for the past 2 minutes, but it feels like it's been an hour. Not even a few minutes later we pull up into my neighbourhood. I completely forgot James lives near me. We pull up on the curb, since there are already two cars in the driveway.

Parker gets out without saying a word, walking around to help Jackson out. My door clicks open but he doesn't look at me through the window. What a kid. I push my door, slipping out of the unnecessarily complicated car.

Jackson is holding Parker's hand as they walk towards the door, me trailing behind like a third wheel. Parker knocks twice, a few beats passing before the door opens.

"Hey bro." James greets Parker with a complicated handshake, ruffling Jackson's hair.

As the two step past him, his eyes land on me, widening slightly.

"Elena. Hey." he smiles softly.

"Hi. Uh, I hope you don't mind me being here." I step forward a little.

James smiles. "Come in."

His aftershave hits me as I walk past him, making me shiver. I kick my shoes off and place them beside Jackson's tiny Jordans.

"This way." James brushes his hand against my waist as he motions toward a door.

He pulls it open, revealing a set of stairs going down. I walk down behind him, trying not to trip over.

"Are you leading me to my death James?" I say, even though I'm smiling.

He glances back at me, flashing me a cheeky grin. "Maybe." he drags the 'y'.

Once we reach the bottom, he pushes open a second door, finally leading to a room.

Neki is sprawled out on the far end of the couch, his tshirt draped around his neck and over his face

Neki is sprawled out on the far end of the couch, his tshirt draped around his neck and over his face. Parker has a PS4 controller in his hand, focusing on the screen, Jack holding the other.

"I left you for two seconds Blaine." James shakes his head, swiftly jumping over the back of the couch and sitting down.

He looks back at me, patting the seat beside him. I walk around, sitting down next to him, pulling a cushion over and wrapping my arms around it. As I look up, I notice Parker glance at me, before looking back at the game.

Jackson flinches as there's a loud slashing noise from the TV, his eyebrows furrowing.

"Hey Jack." I sit up, and he looks over at me. "Do you wanna play Animal Crossing on my phone?"

His face softens and he smiles, nodding.

"He's playing with me." Parker says from beside him.