xxxxviii

☠✍

☠✍

"Who's Erwin Smith?" Y/N held a letter in her hands as she asked Eric. The letter that Y/N was holding is from Erwin Smith that was delivered to Eric.

The two were strolling around Shiganshina for something to do.

"Erwin... He's a good friend of mine. We were very close when we were in the training corps. Without his big brains, I could never become the top in our training." Eric scratched the back of his head as he smiled thinking about the days.

"Wait a fucking second... You were the top 1?!" Y/N exclaimed. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"You never asked..." Eric snickered.

The two stopped at a small restaurant to sit and chat. The restaurant didn't have many people in it so it was a good place to do a private chat.

"If you were the top in the training why did you pick being a Garrison?" Y/N asked.

"I don't know..."

"What do you mean I don't know?"

"It's just... Being in the Military won't give me that much excitement you know. The training that I did won't do much when you're in the Military Police." Eric unsurely answered as he avoided looking at Y/N.

"It's the same thing with being a Garrison. Then what about the Survey Corps?"

"I... My father was in the Survey Corps... He died there because of his squadmates leaving him all alone defending himself from the titans..." Eric looked down. The depressing face he is showing is sad.  "I don't want to end my life like that so I decided to go be a Garrison."

"That's so stupidly coward of you." Y/N sighed as Eric scoffed. The girl could not handle a person who cannot fight. 'Fight' Is one thing Y/N stood by. 'Fight' is a motto she'll remember in her life. "You could've just fought. You never know if you could survive in the end. I didn't know my teacher was such a coward."

"Yeah yeah, whatever," Eric replied not caring if the girl, her apprentice, called him a coward."I don't regret being a garrison."

"Oh really? Your face doesn't look like you agreed with what you've just said. This guy in the letter whose name is Erwin. I bet he would love to be with you in the Survey Corps."  Y/N teased as a slight blush showed on Eric's cheeks from her. "I bet you the people you trained with has a thing for you. I never knew my teacher was such a famous hottie back in his days."

"Stop it, kid. I'm literally in my early 30s and I still look young. Stop using the Erwin card to pursue me to transfer to the Survey Corps. You're such a troublesome child" Eric shook his head as he chuckled at the girl's nonsense. Thanks to the experience of teaching Y/N, he learned how to resist getting annoyed by a child.