Chapter 1

Darkness is all I can see as I sit here barely conscious

Darkness is all I can see as I sit here barely conscious. I try to open my eyes as my head begins to have rapid shocks shooting intense pain which racks my whole body.

Not again is all I can think about I can't live like this anymore. I look around to notice the familiar room of the basement. The room smells like blood from the amount of beatings I have received in this room.

I try standing up but as I move an ear piercing screech escapes my mouth from the pain as my eyes begin to tear up. I cover my mouth praying I haven't just woken up my parents.

After not hearing a sound from upstairs, I breath out a sigh of relief. 

I reach for the paracetamol and pull out the last 2 in the pack reminding myself to make breakfast for my parents who will be waking up soon.

Limping, I get upstairs to start making breakfast.

I let out a large sigh daydreaming about my life away from here.

Once, I have finished making breakfast I begin walking back downstairs to get ready for school.

School is like my escape, many people talk about how bad school is but I love it. Without school I would be stuck in this hell whole.

A smile adorns my face as my mind floats to my computer science teacher who has been my only support in my life.

My extra lessons with her created our special bond as she reminded me of my potential daily

After getting ready for school, I get going before being seen by my parents.

In the morning, their usually extra

In the morning they are worst because of the hangover they must endure for the amount of alcohol they have the day before.

My parents are always drunk or have hangovers. Ever since she died and they still believe it's my fault.

My life used to be perfect. My parents once used to love and care about me but that all changed when I was 5.

After getting ready for school I grab my bag and head upstairs before they can see me. However today I wasn't so lucky.

This house is so dirty there are empty alcohol bottles everywhere and used plates cover the table. I usually have to clean it after school while they are at the pub.

I think I even saw some rats running around on the way to the door. Disgusting.

Just as my hand reaches for the door handle I hear someone scream my name. At that moment my body froze. As cold sweat dripped down my forhead. I stood there scanning my brain to see what I did wrong.

"Liliana get up here right now!" Shouted my mum which snapped me out of my thoughts

Walking inside the kitchen I see my mother standing near the food I made.

"YOU UGLY UNGRATEFUL BITCH! Why is my food cold and taste horrible!" She said furiously.

"I'm sorry." I stated with my head down shaking from how scared I was.

At that moment she strolled up to me and a loud boom was heard as she slapped me across my face.

"You slut I give you a roof over your head the least you can do is cook and clean." She said with anger.

Not a second later I feel a hard blow to my stomach causing me hold my ribs as I groan in pain.

I hate her so much I wish I had enough strength to stand up to her and hit her back but I am just not strong enough.

"Now get out of my face before you ruin my eyes with your ugly face." She stated with disgust.

Obeying, I then left the house walking towards school.