The escape

...

She was running down the dark street, afraid to look behind her .

The laptop tightly held to her chest as she breathes heavily. Her lungs protesting, but she refuses to stop.

Determined to reach the populated street ahead.

"Hurry up! Corner her!"

They scream behind. Heaving heavily. To only have Ezra to fasten her pace.

The hell they will!

She was an athlete in high school. Coming first in all inter school races.

She is sure those hidden muscles were not dead.

And even if they were, her will was not.

Her legs were straining, her thighs aching. The chilly winds stinging in her eyes.

Through her blurry vision she could see a croud approaching. And she couldn't help smile to herself.

She did it.

She was finally there.

Turning around she looked at them, to see them still at a distance. Making hope to rise in their chest.

But Alas , all hopes had to end.

A strong grip on her forearm pulled her to a dark alley.

"Ahhh-"

Before she could scream. She was pushed back on the brick wall. Making a sharp sting to hit her skull.

Numbing everything for a second.

Her vision turning blurry, to only see the face of that sick man...the boss seething at her.

"You bitc*! I am going to teach you a lesson you will never forget."

And next she knows, he slams her back on the brick wall again. Making that sharp pain in her skull to worsen.

Her breathing turning rugged to be only muffled by the man's big hands on her mouth.

Despite her numb senses ,her grip on the laptop remained.

Tightly pressed to her chest, like a solace.

She leaves all the struggles. Staring into the man's eyes. To finally have him move back.

Lowering his hand from her mouth, she breaks into coughs. Trying to fill her already exhausted lungs.

"Give it back"

He orders, opening his palms. To only have Ezra to close her eyes. The words leaving her lips, making the man's eyes to widen.

"In hell I will."

The girls indomitable will surprised him. What was so special in it this Laptop that she was so reluctant to leave it. Even at the cost of her own life.

But before he could think much, a sharp pain hits between his legs and he  staggers back. Holding his family jewels.

Fuc*!

He curses.

The girl was definitely something.

Holding the wall to get up, she didn't waste a second. To run from there. The thumping of her heart audible in her ears.

He tries to stop her but all invain, those brown orbs of the girl may be shit scared. But they were determined.

Ezra rushes out of the dark alley, seeing the man cursing behind. Trying to get up.