Chapter 26

2 years later

"D..a" little Alazne called out. Alazne yes Alazne. Aira gave birth to a baby girl who was now 1 year 3 months old. The pregnancy was hard especially when she couldn't feel what most mothers would.

Still, the baby girl was a blessing in her own form. Yes, she couldn't love her as much as a normal mom would. But, that didn't mean she hated this little girl.

She accepted her.

Just couldn't bring herself to love this little girl. She looked exactly like Damon. That made it harder for her to look in her eyes when she tried to... Love her.

But, she couldn't. She didn't want to be a horrible person. This wasn't her. A witch, hateful, cruel person who couldn't love a small girl. But, how selfless can one be.

How many sacrifices could she make. How good can she be. There is a limit... Of being good. Unfortunately hers is at her. A innocent girl.

Aira's voice cracked when she saw the little girl walking towards Azazel with a huge smile. Yes, Azazel. She never forgive him. Not yet. Probably never.

He was just there. There when she couldn't see Alazne's face. There when she would just run away... From the little girl and... Her responsibility as a mother.

Truth to be told. Alazne was brought up by Azazel more than Aira. Aira was too drowned in her sadness, trauma and past that it was almost difficult for to live again.

On the days she found herself just sleeping on the bed  thinking about nothing. Azazel would be busy playing princess parties with Alazne or dressing her up, doing her hair.

Aira's will to live was close to none. She found her heart empty. Not able to do anything. One night she was done feeling nothing. She tried to go swimming. But, in the water she had panic attack. She started chocking on water and fell unconscious.

Azazel who was patting Alazne to sleep saw this from the window and rushed out. He saw her drowning and quickly pulled her unconscious form out.

He quickly did chest compressions and pumped water out. He went near her chest to listen to her heartbeat but was stopped as Aira got up and pushed him away.

"What are you doing?" she yelled.

"I-I was just help.. " before Azazel could finish his sentence she slapped him hard.

"HELP?! "

"God ! Stop this innocent act of yours. You know what you have done very well--" she points to her shoulder's ball and socket joint which had visible purple scars due to her broken arm during her stay in his dungeons "You have done this. Do you want me to show your "help" more? You think I can't see through your nice boy act. What? What exactly you are doing this for? Taking care of Alazne as if she's your daughter? Making food for me? Getting me groceries? You think I don't understand what you want. You want to get in my pants that's it" She yelled loudly and punched his chest repeatedly.

"I.. I am.. N. Not doing t..this bec..because I.. I wan..want to have.. Sex"

"Tell me why you are doing this then Huh? Why sir? Why suddenly you have this urge to be a nice person Huh?"

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU"

"YOU DON'T. You don't even know what love is. You'll never know what it is. The only one who can actually love me is ke--"

Her head started hurting. What name was she saying? Where did this come from?

She felt fine after 5 minutes she stared at him before giving him a tight slap.

"stay away from me. Get out" she said and he started leaving when a loud wailing was heard as Alazne saw her "parents" yelling and her mom pushing her dad.

Alazne ran towards Azazel trying to get him to stay and not leave. At which Aira angrily snatched her body and shoved her on the couch as she slammed the door close. Leaving the crying Alazne she returned to her room.

--

It was night when Aira was gulping down alcohol. Yes she was underage. But, this was the only thing she could find solace in. She hadn't gone to feed Alazne nor she had eaten herself. She never cared about feeding Alazne cause Azazel would always feed her and do everything.

Aira was just gulping down alcohol. When the door was slammed open by Hriday who was now 12. He came and snatched her alcohol and slammed it on the floor.

"Di, are you mad? Alazne hasn't eaten today? She's a kid. She can't starve! And here you are drinking this alcohol. What has happened to you? You don't like Alazne because she's Damon's daughter but have you forgotten she's your daughter too? I know he did very wrong things to you? But, what are you doing? Do you even know what Alazne does in a day? Or what she likes to eat? Or what she doesn't. You aren't my di. What happened to you. You are turning into them. You are turning into a beast you have always hated" Hriday spat and left.

--

"You are turning into them"

"Aira looked  at Alazne looking at her with a smile and she looked away and left. With the side eye she saw the sadness in Alazne's eyes but she chose to ignore it"

"He's right. I am getting worse. I am turning into them"

"I don't care about a child. "

Looking at the blade in her hand. She just stared emotionlessly.

"There's this hollow in her heart. It doesn't end. It won't end. But, by living there is this monster in her, a monster that could be destroy a child's life. If she was going to be one of those ladies who couldn't love their children because they were born out of rape, and take out their frustration on the child and abuse them. She fears becoming something...something even darker than what happened to her. She should die. There's no way out. She can't and won't become that. She also can't ever love Alazne as much as it pains her but she won't be able to live her. "

She picked up the paper writing one last letter to Hriday and Alazne before she takes a deep breath and with a smile slits her wrist.

---

Azazel sobs hard as he runs into her room which was flowing in blood. After that all passes in a blur as he hears Fenriz calling an ambulance. Shoving him in the car and rushing to the hospital.

Azazel just holds her hand and kisses her head. Because, he knows this is the end. End of her suffering. The way she was living. Wasn't living but just surviving. Each day shouldn't be a survival. That shouldn't be a life for anyone.

His tears fall down on her lips. He closes his eyes as he hears Fenriz yelling and begging the doctor to save her. Save Aira. But, they deny.

He just leans in her ears and whispers

"I love you, mate"

And crouches and leans on the wall as he cries a river. He doesn't do anything just cries and cries till his eyes give up and till there is no voice left in him but his tears don't stop.

She's gone. She's free. She got her freedom from this life.

---

3 Months Later

"M.. Maa" Alazne stutters and asks Azazel.

"Alaz, Maa's gone baby. She's free from the devils in life. The devils who don't deserve her. She's happy. She's happier there. She is not struggling to live there. She isn't just staring at the ceiling of her room and trying to pass time or drown herself in alcohol. She's gone for better Alaz" he says as he cries but Alazne wipes her tears and he picks her up taking her to his home. With Hriday following them.

"I love you Aira" he mutters seeing the home she breathed in for the last time and then turns around taking both kids in the car to reach their new home and new life

---

-Neets