⚾︎| chapter two

CHRISTIAN IRWIN
hey you! don't be a silent reader:)

"Just think of this as an-" Dallas stops trying to find the right words. "opportunity." 

I walk into the library ignoring Dallas as he still follows me like a lost puppy for the last 10 minutes. I need a break from him. "Do you even know what opportunity means? That word is a little too big for you. " I tease him, and he snorts at my comment. "Of course, I do." There's a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"But c'mon it is an opportunity!" He countines and I groan quietly not wanting to disturb people studying unlike somebody.

"I don't want to." I grumbled, examining the books to study for an upcoming test that I'm not excited for. 

I grab one and go to the nearest desk, "Dude come on! " He whines.

Flip the page.

I close my eyes grabbing my laptop out, still ignoring him. "Yeah whatever."

Flip another page.

I look away for a second and he closes my laptop making a loud thump. "Oh, my fucking-" I tilt my head back.

"Christian, do you know how stupid you are?" He asks me snatching my laptop off of the desk. "Because you never know, this might be your only offer." I scoff. My only offer?

"That baseball team sucks ass," I tell him. "You even know it I can't even remember the last time they won a world series." My coach and Dallas have been annoying me with so many emails and texts about how I should accept an offer to play for the Kansas City Royals.

I look at him and cross my arms. "Give me a few reasons why I should accept their offer." I ask him. "Please, I would really like to know."

"Because."

"Because why?"

"Because."

Yeah, no fuck this.

I snatch my laptop back from him and sit back down. "Dallas if you don't stop talking about it, I promise you I won't talk to you ever again." I lie. "You don't even have one reason why I should play for them so you're just wasting your own time."

"Nerd." Is all he says before walking away.

I watch him walk out the library, letting out a breath and turning on my laptop that he rudely closed.

 I finish up and walk over to the same bookshelf I got my book from, and I put the book up a girl with brown silky hair and a gorgeous side profile looking at the textbooks grabs my attention.

She drops her book making a loud thump, which makes me stop staring so much.

I bend down quickly to pick it for her.

I stand up and our eyes meet. Her blue icy eyes I was drawn to them. I was captivated by them. It felt as if the whole world just faded away for a moment. Her plump lips, button nose and perfect jawline. The terrible lighting yet still manages to shine on her, rich. This girl is fucking gorgeous.

I clear my throat covering my mouth for a moment then handing her the books he had dropped a moment ago. "Your book." I say with a smile.

She looks into my eyes and smiles revealing her pearly white teeth and dimples. This girl has fucking dimples. She grabs the book from my hands. "Thank you-?"

I extend my hand for her to shake "Christian Irwin." I internally face palm. I sounded to professional for some odd reason.

She shakes my hand, "Kelani Parker."