Chapter 34: Life hanging by a thread

Yun Ci moved his lips, his voice hoarse: "If...if the other person is an old man, if the other person is terminally ill, if the other person encounters any fatal danger..."

Gu Jingwen nodded, affirming her inner thoughts: "Your life is like hanging on a string, there is danger at any time."

Her life was controlled by others.

Conversely, she also controls the lives of others.

Yun Ci slowly closed her eyes, her expression was deadly silent, her heart seemed to be held tightly by a big hand, making her breathless.

Everything is like a nightmare.

She opened her eyes suddenly, and Gu Jingwen was still sitting opposite, looking at her worriedly.

After all, it is not a dream.

"When did this mark on your body appear?" Gu Jingwen asked.

"After I disappeared, I found this mark on my body when I came back. It doesn't hurt or itchy, so I didn't care much."

Gu Jingwen thoughtfully: "According to what you said, you can be sure that you were Gu in the period of disappearance."

It's a pity that she has no memory of when she disappeared, and it is still unclear why Zhonggu was.

"Next, what do you want to do?"

Yun Ci did not speak.

Suddenly, as if thinking of something, she condensed her eyes, pulled her collar, pulled her schoolbag, and walked to the door quickly: "I'm not going to eat dinner."

Gu Jingqing hurriedly stood up: "Ah? Where are you going?"

With a bang, the door was slammed.

Yunci followed the navigation and found a dilapidated residential building.

Gray walls, rusty iron doors.

The stairway was narrow and damp, and choking dust spread in the air.

On the fourth floor, Yunci knocked on the security door.

The door opened was a woman wearing a linen dress with her hair pulled behind her head, her body smelling of oily smoke, she looked like an ordinary housewife

Strangely, she also blindfolded her eyes with white silk.

Yunci politely said: "Hello, I am Le Tong's classmate."

The woman smiled gently, and wiped her wet hand on her apron twice: "It's a classmate, please come in."

She greeted Yunci into the room, took it outside the bedroom, and knocked on the door.

"Little pupil, your classmate is here."

Soon, the door was opened.

Le Tong stood at the door, facing Yunci, with a look of surprise and did not speak.

"You talk first, I'm going to cook." The woman turned and walked to the kitchen.

Le Tong said: "Come in."

Yunci walked into the bedroom and looked around.

The small space is clean and tidy. On a single bed, the quilt is neatly folded, and the lamp is turned on, shining the workbook on the desk.

"The place is small, sit down here." Le Tong pointed to her bed and asked curiously: "How did you find my house?"

Yun Ci sat down beside the bed: "I want to investigate what it is, it's not difficult."

What an arrogant tone.

"What's the matter with me?"

Yun Ci didn't circumvent the corners, pulled off his collar, pointed to the cinnabar mark on his skin, and said straightforwardly: "Help me untie this Gu."

Le Tong shook his head: "Sorry, I won't."

Yun Ci squinted his eyes, obviously not convinced: "You are a member of the Menglai clan. You are good at making gu, but you don't know how to understand it?"

Le Tong's expression is sincere, and it doesn't seem to be lying: "The Life and Death Gu is a forbidden technique for our Menglai. My level is not qualified to learn. Only the four elders can explain it."

"Where to find them?" Yun Ci asked.

Le Tong still shook his head: "Since two years ago, the four elders have become uncertain."

Yunci's heart sank a little bit: "So...I can't solve this Gu?"

"If you can find them, it's solvable."

How to find a needle in a haystack?

Even this last gleam of hope was cut off.